Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RB Swindon  (Read 8597 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 11:27:18 »

I don't see much difference whether a club is bankrolled by a billionaire individual, like Chelsea, Man City, etc, or being bankrolled by a large multinational...
This. We're already owned 100%, might as well be by something stinking fucking rich that would embarrass the owner if it failed. Wouldn't object to the name change either or watching in a red bull arena. If we became a city we won't be town anyway.
Panda Paws

« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:06:45 »

This thread is absolutely fascinating.

People readily grumble about Power not giving a shit about the community, in it for self gain etc and all that nonsense, but would happily see us become a marketing tool for a fizzy drink company amid a stable of branded clubs.

Baffling.

For what it's worth - I'd be done.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 12:40:24 »

People readily grumble about Power not giving a shit about the community, in it for self gain etc and all that nonsense, but would happily see us become a marketing tool for a fizzy drink company amid a stable of branded clubs.

Baffling.

People just love multi-nationals....the power of the brand.  In a sense the brand has replaced the tribe, as something that provides comfort in an often hostile world. Many people are happy to subsume their identities to the brand, it makes life easy, no need for original thought.

STFC is more like a Scottish style clan.....with Lee Power as laird  Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 13:16:35 »

Baffling.

"We want our Swindon back"

Roughly translates to

"WE'RE NOT WINNING"
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 11, 2016, 15:44:46 »

Baffling.

100 times this.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 12, 2016, 09:36:54 »

Fuck no. If it's not Swindon Town, the Swindon Town who are a bit shit most of the time but somehow still manage to scrape together some excitement every few seasons, the Swindon town who maybe don't have the longest or greatest list of honours to its name but who are proud of them nontheless, The Swindon Town who are my Swindon Town and every other supporter's Swindon Town and have been since 1879 then I don't want it.

A change in who wants to be our sponsor is not the same as the complete rebranding of the club and an erasure of its history to suit the new regime ala Leipzig or Franchise. Sure stick some money in to promote your horrid unhealthy drink which is more of an exercise in hollow advertising than an actual product, but this is our club - it might be fucking shit but it's ours. No owner should ever forget that.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 12, 2016, 11:57:27 »

No, RB change the history of the club, change their badge, name and colours to suit their branding / needs, clubs like Swindon have a rich history, Harold Fleming, Don Rodgers, Lou Macari, Glen Hoddle, Ossie Ardiles.... All gone for what? a bit of extra money? RB shut down their Ghanian team when they weren't as successful as they hoped too, what says they wouldn't do that to another club?

Power isn't perfect but least he knows not to fuck with the history of a club.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 12, 2016, 13:37:52 »

I was quite apathetic towards the RB rumour if truth be told. Which probably means that I wouldn't give up if such a takeover took place.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 17:26:39 »

On Sky it's being reported that Notts County are being taken over by the owners of the New York Yankees.

The truth is somewhat different.

Sky Sports had lost the plot, actually turns out it's a guy who used to be married to the daughter of the New York Yankees owner. He apparently runs a 'sports team acquisition company' but doesn't have any sports teams, has a website that appears to have been designed by a 12 year old IT student and 136 followers on Twitter.

There but for the grace of God . . .
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 17:29:46 »

Didn't that happen to them before?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 17:32:38 »

Yeah. The Sven fiasco.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 17:55:04 »

Sven, Sol Capbell and Kasper Schmeichel walk into a league two football club...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: