Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Season...  (Read 31021 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 17:43:55 »

The whole 'you're with us or against us' fallacy is very common. Not just in debate about LP or football, but pretty much any debate in general. Conspiracy theorists in particular use it a lot.

I find it bizarre that such a huge percentage of people are unwilling or unable to grasp what is a very simple concept.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 17:59:14 »

Nah. Somebody by the name of Alex going by his email address.

Alex 'topboy', so he's obviously very hard.
Or a fan of the excellent TV series much loved by Canadian rap superstar Drake.
Panda Paws

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 18:03:44 »

I assume Barry got players player and managers player ahead of Ajose, Beamks et al due to nepotism too?
GL5 Red

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 18:10:56 »

I guess my posts at times do me no favours but there you go. Frustrated at the moment and yes I go but lots of friends who have been going years have stopped and we all know once people stop they are very hard to entice back.  No I don't like Power, I don't trust him at all but I honestly hope he brings some quality in this week.  Oh and as for the email address, that is from years and years ago, honest!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 19:58:19 »

Interested to hear about the sink hole. Friend who cycles past it a lot has commented about the lack of activity at the site. We both thought it strange.

Must admit that I am starting to wonder about some of the posts by fans from Cambridge, who said that things looked rosy to begin with and then went downhill.

I'm also really surprised about the lack of PR. That is odd in any business. Its almost as if the number of punters through the turnstiles doesn't matter.

All a bit odd.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Turnbull back - Maybe on a permie if Soton pay him off. But, I can't see where the goals are going to come from in the team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 20:12:00 »

Interested to hear about the sink hole. Friend who cycles past it a lot has commented about the lack of activity at the site. We both thought it strange.

Must admit that I am starting to wonder about some of the posts by fans from Cambridge, who said that things looked rosy to begin with and then went downhill.

I'm also really surprised about the lack of PR. That is odd in any business. Its almost as if the number of punters through the turnstiles doesn't matter.

All a bit odd.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Turnbull back - Maybe on a permie if Soton pay him off. But, I can't see where the goals are going to come from in the team.

Problem with Jordan is Saints extended his contract on the back of 2014/15.....so he'll be on a decent wedge.  It wouldn't really make a lot of sense just to pay up his contract, much better for them to look to get him loaned to a Championship club. If that fails then a Div 3 side that looks like contending and emphasises defending more than we do...there really isn't any gain for Saints or Jordan for him to come back on loan again.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 20:27:45 »

All a bit odd.

There probably wont be much activity if the two training pitches are done? As that was the first bit, then more detailed plans were to be submitted for the rest as I remember it. And that will take a while whilst some pen pusher in planning stops scratching his arse..
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 21:21:12 »

I agree, Reg. Maybe he is getting ready to depart. If that's the case it would explain the lack of activity.

I heard somewhere there is a sinkhole at the golf course.

One thing's for sure, when this window closes we should all know which direction we are heading.
Surely LP wouldn't have purchased the land without the relevant 'due diligence' being done? Where have you heard this out of interest?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 21:33:20 »

I honestly can't remember. But, if there is indeed a sink hole - I doubt there is any way of testing for it or even if land purchased is ever tested.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 1, 2016, 06:57:03 »

I am certainly starting to feel a little tense. I don't think we'll go down but I follow a few Pox fans on twitter so I'm stressing about September 10th.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 1, 2016, 07:27:02 »

I guess my posts at times do me no favours but there you go. Frustrated at the moment and yes I go but lots of friends who have been going years have stopped and we all know once people stop they are very hard to entice back.  No I don't like Power, I don't trust him at all but I honestly hope he brings some quality in this week.  Oh and as for the email address, that is from years and years ago, honest!

Any loyal town fan would live in the SN1 postcode.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 1, 2016, 07:33:42 »

Poor poor effort.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 1, 2016, 07:39:21 »

I have blind optimism before every season. No idea why, I think I just get a bit excited that the football season is back. I'll go to as many games as I can regardless of who's in charge / what happens over the summer. I've never understood people who say "Until xxx happens I'm not going". Just doesn't make sense to me.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 1, 2016, 08:20:43 »

Exactly.

And why is it that some think that just because they don't slag LP off they must therefore think he's the best thing since sliced bread? It is the insanely stupid George Bush attitude of "if you don't support us, then you must be against us" crap.

Sure, most of us seem to have concerns about the squad, most of us would rather have it all in place well before the final pre-season game. I'm sure all of us could name one or two players other Div 3 clubs have acquired that could have been good additions for us but there wouldn't be total agreement and Power would still be criticised by some.

I don't think anyone is claiming Power is the Messiah, and he might turn out to be a very naughty boy, but as with last season, I'll judge his commitment to the forthcoming season at the end of this transfer window. I'd much rather wait a bit longer than do what Port Vale has done (that's not to say Vale's summer recruitment policy = definite failure).

Agree entirely.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 1, 2016, 08:26:20 »

Any loyal town fan would live in the SN1 postcode.

If you don't live at the stadium, you're dead to me.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: