Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Season...  (Read 31020 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 15:58:41 »

Urgh, 'I'm more loyal than you' 'I contribute more than you'...

Why do people have to analyse things like this?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 15:59:37 »

Careful you lot, he'll be offering to 'meet' you at the CG soon.
That would require him to be at a game.....   Fishing.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:01:47 »

Knew it wouldn't take long.  Amazing that people on here who think Power is doing a good job contribute very little to the club and don't have to watch the shite week in week out.
I don't think Power is doing a particularly good job and I have my doubts as to whether he actually cares much.

But I only have 2 choices - carry on going to support a club like I have for 40+ years or chuck it in and moan about it.

Somebody said on the Adver site that yesterday's team was the worst Swindon team ever. What nonsense  there's been some truly shite teams over the years (and no so long ago either).

You've got to accept very few owners have the same, if any, emotional attachment to your club.

Give it 10 games or so.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:02:04 »

To quickly sum up the thread, and most of GL5's threads/posts, if you don't agree with GL5 (and every single friend/fan/supporter he knows and represents), you're clearly a knob/deluded/stupid/lover of Power/Oxford supporter/not a fan.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:04:45 »

To quickly sum up the thread, and most of GL5's threads/posts, if you don't agree with GL5 (and every single friend/fan/supporter he knows and represents), you're clearly a knob/deluded/stupid/lover of Power/Oxford supporter/not a fan.

Seems like it...

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:17:43 »

Went to swindon-town-fc to see what our squad was like last time we were relegated to try and give myself some confidence. The video on the front page cheered me up immediately

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:21:47 »

Back in the days where we loaned Blair Sturrock to mighty Muff!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:22:25 »

I don't think Power is doing a particularly good job and I have my doubts as to whether he actually cares much.

But I only have 2 choices - carry on going to support a club like I have for 40+ years or chuck it in and moan about it.

Somebody said on the Adver site that yesterday's team was the worst Swindon team ever. What nonsense  there's been some truly shite teams over the years (and no so long ago either).

You've got to accept very few owners have the same, if any, emotional attachment to your club.

Give it 10 games or so.

I think there's a feeling that this is the weakest squad so close to the first game that anyone can remember....after last season, most fans will have hoped for a bit of strengthening, particularly at the back, where we were poor last season....1-5 at Fleetwood and 0-6 at Scunny. 

Most fans would have hoped to have seen something happening in the friendlies....new faces, maybe new system trying to address this. But nothing, then Branco gets injured and we actually look weaker than last season. 

This is then compounded by as far as I can tell zero PR effort....nothing for the fans, even in some of our darkest days, the club would do something like hold an open training session at the CG, where fans could turn up and watch, kids get an autograph or these days a selfie.

If it wasn't for the rumoured new training facility, I'd say that Power is getting ready to flog the club, but what is happening with Highworth, is it still going ahead?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:23:44 »

GL5 = Christian Kostiuk?

It's All Good..............

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:26:30 »

I agree, Reg. Maybe he is getting ready to depart. If that's the case it would explain the lack of activity.

I heard somewhere there is a sinkhole at the golf course.

One thing's for sure, when this window closes we should all know which direction we are heading.
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:27:08 »

GL5 = Christian Kostiuk?

Nah. Somebody by the name of Alex going by his email address.

Alex 'topboy', so he's obviously very hard.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:33:43 »

I agree, Reg. Maybe he is getting ready to depart. If that's the case it would explain the lack of activity.

I heard somewhere there is a sinkhole at the golf course.
One thing's for sure, when this window closes we should all know which direction we are heading.

Is that where the new signings are ending up?  Embarrassed

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 16:58:05 »

I think we're likely to be relegated.
 This is as things stand though with regards of the players currently at our disposal. Subject to change.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 17:18:45 »

Went to swindon-town-fc to see what our squad was like last time we were relegated to try and give myself some confidence. The video on the front page cheered me up immediately

2008-09: where 4 points separated relegated Northampton in 21st and Swindon who finished 15th.

Never in doubt..........
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, July 31, 2016, 17:26:58 »

Urgh, 'I'm more loyal than you' 'I contribute more than you'...

Why do people have to analyse things like this?
Exactly.

And why is it that some think that just because they don't slag LP off they must therefore think he's the best thing since sliced bread? It is the insanely stupid George Bush attitude of "if you don't support us, then you must be against us" crap.

Sure, most of us seem to have concerns about the squad, most of us would rather have it all in place well before the final pre-season game. I'm sure all of us could name one or two players other Div 3 clubs have acquired that could have been good additions for us but there wouldn't be total agreement and Power would still be criticised by some.

I don't think anyone is claiming Power is the Messiah, and he might turn out to be a very naughty boy, but as with last season, I'll judge his commitment to the forthcoming season at the end of this transfer window. I'd much rather wait a bit longer than do what Port Vale has done (that's not to say Vale's summer recruitment policy = definite failure).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: