Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Swans  (Read 24240 times)
woolster

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:53:32 »

Fuck me, I actually agree with something Reg has said!!! I reckon 5 players minimum will be signed between now & the end of the window. Tonight's result is the best thing that could have happened to us. A battling 1 goal defeat or an even more unlikely draw/freak win might have been enough to convince the powers that be that this squad is good enough when the majority know we need major reinforcements!!
no way jose
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:57:30 »

If you include loans, 5 is a fair enough number and similar to normal under power.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:59:22 »

Sounds like Branco has a big problem

On Raphael Rossi-Branco...
We're concerned. He's had surgery in the summer and initially it looks like the same problem we thought we’d solved with the surgery. In the next 24/48 hours we should know more. He's very upset now. He had that surgery at the end of last season and it's taken him a long time to get fit enough to train. He's got himself up to the same level as the rest of the squad and he sacrificed a lot of his summer.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 22:01:47 »

We were good in spells, Hylton hit the post after brilliant work by Kasim and we showed some nice football in the final third at times, mainly after the frankly hopeless Rodgers went off. I'd much rather Tom Smith in the side then Rodgers.

As others have said we are probably 6 short of a decent squad. First 11 is ok ish but we really need Power to start bringing in new players.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 22:19:40 »

I'm assuming that the trialists from Saturday have all been shown the door.

Smith is worth a go in place of Rodgers. Nothing to lose and looks as if he doesn't mind getting stuck in.

Vigs distribution is dreadful, which is worrying given the emphasis on playing it out from the back.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 22:35:21 »

I'm assuming that the trialists from Saturday have all been shown the door.

Smith is worth a go in place of Rodgers. Nothing to lose and looks as if he doesn't mind getting stuck in.

Vigs distribution is dreadful, which is worrying given the emphasis on playing it out from the back.

Yes, he's no Foderingham with the ball at his feet unfortunately.

He touched the ball 3 times with his hands, each time to pick the ball
Out of the net.

Nathan Thompson was a class above tonight, superb performance.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 23:31:00 »

I thought we looked quite good for a lot of it. Their finishing was better for sure. Have to agree though we need 5-6 players and good ones or it will be a similar season to last. Still time, and we aren't rubbish, there will be worse sides for sure, just a little frustrating we aren't ready to roll yet.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 07:50:34 »

Highlights if you missed the live stream like myself. Seem to support what most are saying - looked good in final third, but the goals we conceded are piss-weak.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 08:07:35 »

What the hell was that 2nd goal about?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 08:31:57 »

Definitely some promising signs going forward but the backline still as worrying as ever. I can't believe Power doesn't think a really decent centre half (or two) isn't a worthwhile investment. It could make a HUGE difference.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 08:36:22 »

Overloaded with midfield types, that's for sure.

When BOO has to replace Branco you know you're in trouble.

Again, I hope there isn't any knee jerk signings like last year.
Panda Paws

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 08:49:21 »

Vigs not exactly covering himself in glory with the goals. Kasim for Hylton's chance was pure filth.

Must remember, those who are suggesting our defence looked shaky (which I'm not disagreeing with), that Ayew earns three times our total wage budget...

Obviously our squad is not complete, and wont be until 23:59 on August 31. Same as everyone else. Cov have got two senior midfield players after flogging Vincelot to Moneyballs Bradford. Most squads at this level are in the same boat.

If we have the same collection of players on the morning of September 1, then I'll be concerned. But we won't. Spending a little cash on a good CB and a good ST would do us the world of good, but if we need to wait a few weeks to get a deal, or a player, that's right for the club then so be it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 09:10:57 »

Highlights if you missed the live stream like myself. Seem to support what most are saying - looked good in final third, but the goals we conceded are piss-weak.

Thanks for that.

Unbiased clips.

Second goal looked really bad.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 09:49:32 »

Vigs not exactly covering himself in glory with the goals. Kasim for Hylton's chance was pure filth.

Must remember, those who are suggesting our defence looked shaky (which I'm not disagreeing with), that Ayew earns three times our total wage budget...

Obviously our squad is not complete, and wont be until 23:59 on August 31. Same as everyone else. Cov have got two senior midfield players after flogging Vincelot to Moneyballs Bradford. Most squads at this level are in the same boat.

If we have the same collection of players on the morning of September 1, then I'll be concerned. But we won't. Spending a little cash on a good CB and a good ST would do us the world of good, but if we need to wait a few weeks to get a deal, or a player, that's right for the club then so be it.

In many ways playing these kind of pre-season friendlies is now counterproductive.  Traditionally your friendly against a name, would be a chance to see the new boys, see how they looked fitting in with old boys, and hopefully see something to raise fan hopes a bit for the coming season.

Now we just see an incomplete squad, getting taken apart by the name's B team. Swansea by no means the worst culprit probably have 30+ players who'd walk into our side.

It doesn't do us any good whatsoever...far better playing a few low key games against clubs of a more similar size.

Even if the panic button has yet to be pressed, you can hear the alarm bells tuning up and we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet....
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 10:15:17 »

Except most coaches now will pick a mixture of teams to fit different parts of the game you want to work on. One lower level game for confidence and to practice attacking phases but knowing it won't help your defence, 'keeper or shape. Then play higher level to work on playing without the ball, structure and shape. Then some of your own level for the contest - a mixture of attack & defence but with credible transitions.

Using pre-season for the fans could leave you under-prepared and either overly optimistic or unsure about how to transition.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: