Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Swans  (Read 24258 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:49:22 »

It wasn't terrible. Usual flaws and all that.
Flashheart

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:52:00 »

Of course you can. But objecting to it doesn't make that person's opinion wrong.

So then why are you objecting to the objection?

Besides, for me I think it's a foolish opinion regardless of whether or not we do actually go down. It's not so much the conclusion (we could possibly go down), but the reasoning behind it. It's extremely faulty.
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:53:41 »

It wasn't terrible. Usual flaws and all that.

I didn't see all of it, but what I did see was decent enough.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:54:00 »

Of course you can. But objecting to it doesn't make that person's opinion wrong.

What's the difference between someone thinking we'll get relegated and someone thinking we won't.

About a month. And probably the same person.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:54:09 »

At least some people have opinions and don't just get their jollies ridiculing those that do.
Flashheart

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:56:47 »

At least some people have opinions and don't just get their jollies ridiculing those that do.

It was not an ad hom attack: It was the opinion that was being ridiculed, not the person stating it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:56:50 »

Isn't my opinion clear enough for you yet then?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 20:58:03 »

If you gave one it might be clearer
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:04:51 »

As things stand, ignoring pre season results....we know that last season was a struggle to maintain Div 3 status.

We know that of that side atm about 5/6 or 7 regulars are still available, and we've lost 4 or 5 players.

Of those 4 or 5, so far we've brought in 2, so it's pretty obvious we will bring in at least 3 if not 4 or 5 reinforcements. That will be required to stay at last year's level....now some of the lads from last season may push on, or not. It's  hard to tell for a lot of them getting up to aceptable Div 3 standard was a big jump, can they take it on?  If they can and the reinforcements are of decent quality maybe, we could have a more comfortable season. It's easy to see why though, many are unconvinced.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:13:14 »

If you gave one it might be clearer

Sorry, I didn't think I needed to spell it out letter by letter. My opinion, the validity of which is entirely for you to judge, is that end-July is at least a month too early to start making confident predictions of our impending demise in the coming season, on the basis of a very incomplete and imbalanced squad, before we've finished signing players and before any loans have come in.

There, an opinion. Clear enough now? Jeez.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:20:40 »

As things stand, ignoring pre season results....we know that last season was a struggle to maintain Div 3 status.

We know that of that side atm about 5/6 or 7 regulars are still available, and we've lost 4 or 5 players.

Of those 4 or 5, so far we've brought in 2, so it's pretty obvious we will bring in at least 3 if not 4 or 5 reinforcements. That will be required to stay at last year's level....now some of the lads from last season may push on, or not. It's  hard to tell for a lot of them getting up to aceptable Div 3 standard was a big jump, can they take it on?  If they can and the reinforcements are of decent quality maybe, we could have a more comfortable season. It's easy to see why though, many are unconvinced.
Fuck me, I actually agree with something Reg has said!!! I reckon 5 players minimum will be signed between now & the end of the window. Tonight's result is the best thing that could have happened to us. A battling 1 goal defeat or an even more unlikely draw/freak win might have been enough to convince the powers that be that this squad is good enough when the majority know we need major reinforcements!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:27:48 »

In Colin Todd's pre season I seem to remember steamrollering everyone, including Southampton. Keith O'Halloran was a world beater. Then the season started.

On that basis, we'll be brilliant. I hope. Helped by the fact that it will be entirely different people wearing the shirt.

Sent from my iPhone
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:32:27 »

I missed the first goal as I wasn't paying attention, but the other two seemed the sort goals you concede in div 3 which is a worry. Nothing to write home about tonight.

Undecided on the seasons prospects.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:43:32 »

A couple of nice spells, a couple of shitty moments and long periods of nothingness. Impossible to judge anything from that, other than it is absolutely clear the squad as it stands] is not strong enough.

Very worrying how easily we were undone by balls over the top/into the channels. Particularily after Branco hobbled off. That said, Swansea were obviously a class above up front at that time.

REDBUCK

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 21:49:52 »

Well that was very reminiscent of many a game last year. Same game plan using the same players who lack the same technical skills. No improvement for any player in the choices they make, the weaknesses they have. I do wonder if our coach has been even attempting to work on things to improve skills. 

Rogers still plays the easy sideways or backwards pass, Barry all right foot cuts inside, corner and other set piece routines etc etc.

First goal given away with a careless flick in a tight space. Second goal attacker got across a sleepy defender at near post. Third goal, an accurate 50 yard pass from left back to right wing and smart one on one finish.

It's going to be a long winter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: