Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendly v Woking 23 July  (Read 24507 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 09:43:36 »

Perhaps the signings of Balmy and Ojamma, for example, still haunts Power so he is trying to make sure the right players are signed - no matter how long it takes.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 09:49:57 »

Ojamma was a strange one, could have been a blinder that, his track record spoke for itself

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:00:30 »

Just think - Port Vale have signed an entire team of Ojamma-alikes.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:06:22 »

We get the same old impatient, petulant whining year in, year out.

For anybody that saw that game, did anything of interest happen? Any interesting A. Trialists and the like?

Cheers

I did post a couple of comments about the game but I'll do it again.

First half was probably what we would class our first XI currently with Brophy LB and BOO playing more of an advanced role, and they worked quite well together including a belting 25 yard goal from BOO. Hylton tried hard but him playing up front on his own just isn't going to cut the mustard. Woking scored with pretty much the last kick of the half but we probably shaded the half without being overly dangerous.

I think we made 8 changes including 4 triallists, the 2 centre backs, a left winger an gangly striker who seemed to struggle to keep his feet. None of the triallists impressed me, although Harley Wise the ex-QPR player seemed to be comfortable bringing the ball out of defence and trying to organise things and might be worth another look. Tom Smith, the young ginger midfielder looked neat and tidy but Woking totally got on top in the second half understandably and but for Will Henry would have had 4. Henry did kick the ball out of play a couple of times trying to play the ball to BOO rather than whacking it forward which clearly required work.

It was a nice sunny day, and the park in Woking was lovely.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:10:46 »

Cheers Bob
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:34:00 »

I did post a couple of comments about the game but I'll do it again.

First half was probably what we would class our first XI currently with Brophy LB and BOO playing more of an advanced role, and they worked quite well together including a belting 25 yard goal from BOO. Hylton tried hard but him playing up front on his own just isn't going to cut the mustard. Woking scored with pretty much the last kick of the half but we probably shaded the half without being overly dangerous.

I think we made 8 changes including 4 triallists, the 2 centre backs, a left winger an gangly striker who seemed to struggle to keep his feet. None of the triallists impressed me, although Harley Wise the ex-QPR player seemed to be comfortable bringing the ball out of defence and trying to organise things and might be worth another look. Tom Smith, the young ginger midfielder looked neat and tidy but Woking totally got on top in the second half understandably and but for Will Henry would have had 4. Henry did kick the ball out of play a couple of times trying to play the ball to BOO rather than whacking it forward which clearly required work.

It was a nice sunny day, and the park in Woking was lovely.

If you like Art Deco stuff, there is a cracking fair in the sports centre over the road from the ground every 2 months.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #96 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:34:59 »

Those of you that follow me on twitter may have saw that I bumped into Williams on Friday evening and he said to me that last year some players that we were looking at securing on 2 year deals only wanted 1 so they could move on at the end of the season. Not something I'd ever considered before but just goes to show that this recruitment lark isn't always plain sailing.

Put me in the "slightly concerned but of the belief we'll have it sorted by September" camp.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:48:12 »

I always thought Power's sweetener on deals was he wouldn't stand in their way if an opportunity to better themselves came their way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:49:36 »

I always thought Power's sweetener on deals was he wouldn't stand in their way if an opportunity to better themselves came their way.

But I guess the difference is we'd get a transfer fee, whereas a 1 year deal we wouldn't - plus the player may pick a signing on fee up for himself/agent instead.

Flashheart

« Reply #99 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 12:50:32 »

That doesn't necessarily mean letting them go for nothing though, as would be the case if they were on a 1 year deal.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 13:04:01 »

Good point. But his usual deal, see Ajose, is sign for 2 or 3 years and I wont stop you moving on after one should be good enough to entice some.

I've heard Ivan Toney may be a striker we are looking at loaning.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 25, 2016, 13:06:59 by Rory Bellows » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 13:24:40 »

but as I said, there may be financial incentives for the player to be a free agent when they move on.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 13:30:26 »

I'm sure that's the case with some players.

If it was me responsible for recruiting I'd avoid them like the plague anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 13:54:16 »

we presumably are, hence not many recruits Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, July 25, 2016, 14:02:51 »

Struggling to see what our first 11 actually is.

Vigs

Barry, Sendles-White, Nathan, Branco, Boo/Brophy

Thomas, Kasim, Rodgers

Goddard

Obika
« Last Edit: Monday, July 25, 2016, 14:07:04 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: