Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendly v Woking 23 July  (Read 24151 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 04:14:03 »

Thomas Dossevi.

Ah true. So that's one and a half Frenchmen so far.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 11:42:24 »

Tom Smith is a neat and tidy footballer. I reckon he could be a really good player for us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 17:21:28 »

I remember a bbc phone were certain mr power said we would have a squad capable to compete in this league next season after things were learned from this season Just gone well im still waiting.no wonder fans are starting to disapear.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 17:24:02 »

It's getting worrying for  sure. If we start badly due to not having any strikers the majority will turn, and he'll have problems, that will be hard to turn round.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 17:54:24 »

Not defending Power, but we aren't the only club struggling to recruit - especially the loan market.

Last season PL clubs had to have their squads notified before the window closed. This season it isn't until after the window has closed.

I just hope we don't end up in a 'Balmy' situation where time constraints = anyone will do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:17:07 »

Its a bit of a risk replacing a 20-odd goal a season player with a loanee.

On that basis a bit disappointed we haven't signed a permanent recruit with a smidgen of experience to replace him (in addition to the Palace lad if he comes).

Could still happen, bah, blah, Ajose didn't come until, blah blah. All true. Would be nice to hit the new season running.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:31:21 »

Thing is power has had plenty of time to to get things ready  since the end of last season but as usual is dragging his feet just cant see things getting any better at this club .i feel most the fans are split at the moment no sense of excitement for the fourth coming season.williams is unproven he still shows me nothing as a manager maybe a good coach but hes no manager and giving him a 5 year contract is stupid.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:34:23 by newmarket red » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:48:06 »

Its a bit of a risk replacing a 20-odd goal a season player with a loanee.

On that basis a bit disappointed we haven't signed a permanent recruit with a smidgen of experience to replace him (in addition to the Palace lad if he comes).

Could still happen, bah, blah, Ajose didn't come until, blah blah. All true. Would be nice to hit the new season running.

It's very difficult to find 20 Div 3 league goal strikers, they don't just grow on trees.  Also if you have one, then other bigger fish come and take them away.

Clearly Willams' plan is to play Obika up on his own, and Goddard in behind, not as an out and out striker, but someone who can score a few.

Of course the other requirement when you don't have an out and out goalscorer is for others to chip in a few.  Last season Ajose's goal were important but Doughty scored a few....there still must be a bit of a chance of getting him back, which would be good.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:53:04 »

Which is a poorly thought out plan if that's the case, as Obika is injury prone. I'd hope for a least 2 this week, if not there will be no time to bed them in.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:54:52 »

Surely Williams is a 2 up top man.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 18:59:28 »

I'm worried. Feels like it's going to be a patched up squad as we go along to just avoid the drop. It might all change in the in next two weeks like Sutton hopes as do I. I just feel so meh about the start of the season. I really just want to feel a bit positive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 19:14:37 »

It's very difficult to find 20 Div 3 league goal strikers, they don't just grow on trees.  Also if you have one, then other bigger fish come and take them away.

To be clear I don't expect us to be able to recruit a proven 20 goal a season man. I do expect us to recruit a permanent player to replace the three permanent strikers we've let go - a young upcoming one with promise, the Goddard of the striker role. We still very well might, but it would be nice to have done it already so they can start fitting in.

I bloody hope we don't go one up top. Its clearly wank.

Oh, and for the benefit of the Ranitomeya reticulata, this isn't panic, its frustration.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 19:18:04 by Batch » Logged
woolster

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 19:52:24 »

Which is a poorly thought out plan if that's the case, as Obika is injury prone. I'd hope for a least 2 this week, if not there will be no time to bed them in.
exactly, IF, and its a big IF, Power does get two or three more faces in there is no time  to gel as a team, its like Woy Hodgsons Euro  preparations, play friendlies to find your best starting 11 and formation, then change the whole system on the opening game Suicide
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 19:55:19 »

Surely Williams is a 2 up top man.

It was Lingy who went 2 up top.  Williams wasn't going to change it as we had a good little run.

I only ever base my thoughts on the available evidence, which of course these days is a bit sparse, but from Williams re Goddard....

From what I have seen so far, it is making sense for me for him to play him in that position just behind the striker.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, July 24, 2016, 20:12:15 »

Thing is power has had plenty of time to to get things ready  since the end of last season but as usual is dragging his feet
Just curious, but are you suggesting he does this as a deliberate strategy or that he's too lazy/thick/disinterested to sort things out earlier?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: