Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'special' FB page.  (Read 10238 times)
Flashheart

« on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:40:19 »

That fucking FB page.

The general consensus appears to be that Power is the devil incarnate because Northampton signed Beautyman and not us. Perhaps, maybe we were never really that interested as Power/Williams doesn't rate him all that much? Maybe he's just not that good so we decided against it to look at targets that management consider to be better prospects? Maybe he's a waste of money and we saw that but Northampton didn't? Maybe.... (all sorts of other maybes).

How is it that merely being linked to a player means that suddenly the player is worth signing? Nobody would have batted an eyelid about him signing for Northampton had Barry Fry not opened his gob.

How can so many people have such narrow trains of thought? That group is bad for one's health, it's like a re-incarnation of the old thisis.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:47:09 »

What page?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:47:34 »

That fucking FB page.

The general consensus appears to be that Power is the devil incarnate because Northampton signed Beautyman and not us. Perhaps, maybe we were never really that interested as Power/Williams doesn't rate him all that much? Maybe he's just not that good so we decided against it to look at targets that management consider to be better prospects? Maybe he's a waste of money and we saw that but Northampton didn't? Maybe.... (all sorts of other maybes).

How is it that merely being linked to a player means that suddenly the player is worth signing? Nobody would have batted an eyelid about him signing for Northampton had Barry Fry not opened his gob.

How can so many people have such narrow trains of thought? That group is bad for one's health, it's like a re-incarnation of the old thisis.
Its so bad on there I have stopped reading it totally, you are correct...nobody had really even heard about Beautyman until Fry said we were linked, maybe he isn't that good, maybe he doesn't fit into our wage scheme, maybe we weren't that interested anyway....end of the world for some fans....pathetic isn't it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:48:35 »

What page?
Sorry wrong link..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1475239182728328/
« Last Edit: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:52:12 by Peter Venkman » Logged

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:52:04 »

Its so bad on there I have stopped reading it totally, you are correct...nobody had really even heard about Beautyman until Fry said we were linked, maybe he isn't that good, maybe he doesn't fit into our wage scheme, maybe we weren't that interested anyway....end of the world for some fans....pathetic isn't it.
They've done a fucking poll on there where something like 70 have voted they don't like Power so think that's representative of the majority of the fanbase sharing their opinions. It's basically a page where 20 or 30 dickheads constantly moan and make allegations that they are unable to ever substantiate.... As soon as you try to reason with them the 'happy clapper' card just gets thrown at you....
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:56:52 »

Cheers Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 11:58:21 »

They've done a fucking poll on there where something like 70 have voted they don't like Power so think that's representative of the majority of the fanbase sharing their opinions. It's basically a page where 20 or 30 dickheads constantly moan and make allegations that they are unable to ever substantiate.... As soon as you try to reason with them the 'happy clapper' card just gets thrown at you....
You have nailed it spot on.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 12:24:52 »

It seems to be a page populated mainly by kids, trolls and fucking idiots.

If we had of signed Beautyman, the same twats that are moaning that we didn't would be moaning that he wasn't good enough, or a cheap option, or that they'd never heard of him. When ever the subject of Power comes up (Which seems to be every fucking post) you have to either think he's the devil incarnate, who is raping the club and stealing everything that isn't nailed down, or you're his biggest fan: there's no middle ground.

I read it a lot, as it helps me appreciate what we've got here....

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 12:26:33 »

I've just requested to be banned after calling that Christian twat a fucking idiot. I don't want the temptation of going over there again.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 13:14:37 »

I imagine what happened is that we were interested in Beautyman until Fry went public trying to drum up more interest and, therefore, the price.

For Power that was probably enough for him to drop it.

Not many signings at our level are exciting so who really gives a toss if he didn't sign.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 13:32:51 »

I've just requested to be banned after calling that Christian twat a fucking idiot. I don't want the temptation of going over there again.

I found it was possible to leave without flouncing.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 13:36:14 »

Nah. Leave of your own accord and it's easy to rejoin, which is not the case if banned. Hence why I specifically asked to be banned by an admin. It's too easy to get involved again otherwise and I don't want that temptation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 13:39:23 »

I lasted about half a day on the page before leaving, and I'm the most pessimistic fucker I know
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 13:42:05 »

Kost

I recently watched a documentary about internet 'trolls' and the various levels of 'trolling'. It was quite sad, full of insecurity and self-loathing and their only way to vent is to wind-up people online.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 13:42:49 »

Think I got banned from that page within 45 mins of it starting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: