Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Military Coup in Turkey  (Read 5163 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 21:38:52 »

Luckily we're miles from both Istanbul or Ankara and I don't 'think' I'll see too much stuff here but you never know. Following on BBC website which keeps posting links on Twitter which don't work over here anymore!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 21:45:57 »

Luckily we're miles from both Istanbul or Ankara and I don't 'think' I'll see too much stuff here but you never know. Following on BBC website which keeps posting links on Twitter which don't work over here anymore!

Don't you have an apartment over there or something? Or are my synapses getting crossed?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 21:46:22 »

I see Erdogan adressed the nation via facetime Cool
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 21:56:01 »

Don't you have an apartment over there or something? Or are my synapses getting crossed?

Yeah we do. Just bought a load of water in case the shit hits the fan.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 23:00:55 »

4 bottles of water and some tonic water to go
With our vodka and gin. On the vodka and tonic at the moment until this blows over!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 00:22:04 »

4 bottles of water and some tonic water to go
With our vodka and gin. On the vodka and tonic at the moment until this blows over!

I like this old skool stiff upper lip, when confronted with restless natives. Maybe Froggy could give us some perspective on why a coup d'etat, has morphed into a plain coup.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 00:56:41 »

I like this old skool stiff upper lip, when confronted with restless natives. Maybe Froggy could give us some perspective on why a coup d'etat, has morphed into a plain coup.

More like it's Friday night and we're on holiday hundreds of miles from any troubles! It's calmed
Down now, seemingly 104 soldiers trying to cause a coup. They ain't going to last long.

Good news, Twitter is back for tomorrow's match update against UCD

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 08:07:41 »

* image.jpeg (139.77 KB, 590x960 - viewed 141 times.)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 08:28:13 »

Amusing when a coup is a positive term, as in "quite a coup". A case of spinning from the anti-Erdogan press?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 21:04:25 »

Well, what an anti-climax that was. Bunch of fuckwits.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 22:35:46 »

Well, what an anti-climax that was. Bunch of fuckwits.

Agreed. Livened up Friday night a bit! Back in September/October so something similar to fuck the Lira rate against the pound will be lovely!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: