Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Credit Reports  (Read 3892 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 12:07:51 »

Yeah Im on the electoral roll.  Have 2 bank accounts with a combined overdraft facility which I sometimes use of £6800.  I have a mortgage jointly with the wife.  But thats it.  Never missed a mortgage payment, never racked up masses of debt, never been bankrupt, the scores are coming back that I am better than average - including Equifax which is what Coventry said they use.

The only thing against me at a push is that Im self employed.

Having taken much advice from various people with knowledge of this sort of things it would appear that the coventry are a bunch of wankers.  

Anyway, our advisor is adamant she will get us a mortgage.  Ill let you all know.

Never knowingly overstated.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 13:54:26 »

You're right, It's probably the self-employed bit.

The person that bought from us the last time we moved was self employed (and minted) , but still had issues getting his mortgage approved. The first company messed him about something rotten, he changed providers and got it sorted ok so I'm sure you will too
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 20:04:27 »

I used contractormortgages.com they select only the lenders that will accept applications from contractors and self employed people and do all the hard work of putting together a file that is presented to the underwriters. The underwriters are the ones who make the decisions - it has little to do with your credit rating...

Got a cracking 5 year fixed with Halifax
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 21:34:01 »

Incidentally as a catch up on this, Natwest came back and confirmed a mortgage in 2 days and had the valuation report done in the same time.

So its all going ahead for us now moving in a week and a bit.

Moral of the story seems to be the coventry are a bunch of cocks.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: