Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Park on your drive  (Read 2761 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 09:03:03 »

I know I've started a thread like this before, but I can't find it..

Has anyone used this website and had decent experiences..

I've been quoted £47 to use someone's drive for 10 days when the wife and I go to Florida.. the reviews all seem decent, just wanted some of your lot's opinions (for some stupid fucking reason)..

Thanks  Cheesy

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 09:24:31 »

It would be interesting to know if the owner is insured. It's private land. Do they have public liability insurance?

Do you leave your car keys with the owner?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 09:40:04 »

It would be interesting to know if the owner is insured. It's private land. Do they have public liability insurance?
If it's through some kind of umbrella agency/website, presumably they'd sort that out, but it's a very good question and definitely worth checking
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 11, 2016, 09:57:09 »

Generally speaking, the reviews suggest you take your keys with you..

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:31:03 »

# Update #

I used my NHS discount and got a hotel, plus 10 days parking close to Gatwick (£8 taxi each way) for £76.

The hotel will probably be a right shithole, but at least it's only for one night.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 17:53:38 »

Old school Tefers, do you remember when Walrus posted on here and he said worked at one of those airport parking places and he crashed one of the cars?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 18:26:42 »

Old school Tefers, do you remember when Walrus posted on here and he said worked at one of those airport parking places and he crashed one of the cars?

Dear old Walrus.....lost in action, last heard of seeking advice about wedding rings, always a shame to see a good man go under (the thumb)

Should take a leaf from the old Stones hit....

Good to see Mr Jagger siring sprog number 8 at the age of 72, especially as the bird is 29...gives us all hope  Smiley
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 14:18:02 »

I travel to London quite a lot during the week and normally stay in a hotel just outside Hammersmith that has free parking but when thats fully booked, I use the Kings Mall car park which was fairly reasonable at £30 a day but, they have recently rebuilt it and now charge an eye watering £55 a day so went on Yourparkingspace.com and got parking on someone's driveway way for £15 a day...

Unfortunately in the course of parking the car I caught the wing mirror on their gate - no damage to the gate but my wing mirror, complete with the camera contained within it exploded and cost me £750 to repair...

Not sure what the moral of the story is but I a sure somebody will think of one...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 11:29:20 »

I did it for Kings Cross when I got the EuroStar over to France for the Euros. No issues at all and cheap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: