Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next England Manager  (Read 72064 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:57:55 »

Wasn't it only 5 days of revelations - so they should have shot their load by friday

Can we please stop all this talk of load shooting, in the context of a story about Sam Allardyce its all getting a bit disconcerting.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 18:03:47 »

Wasn't it only 5 days of revelations - so they should have shot their load by friday

Telegraph probably have to get this over with before Tory conference starts on Sunday...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 21:00:10 »

Fat Sam is a simple man but even he should understand FA Rule 1: "Don't get caught"

To some extent that is a step forward when one looks at some of today's persons being investigated.

I recall that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank himself once blew the lid on illegal payments made to players by Chelsea after a Euro match and ended up being fined himself (a truly paltry amount)

"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose" as our French correspondent would say.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 21:22:48 »

Eric Black the latest to be caught up in this.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 21:54:23 »

I was quite happy to give Southgate my support.

Then he made Rooney Captain.

I admire what Rooney did for England in his prime, and i love his commitment to the game, but he is clearly 5 years past his sell by date.
We are never going to move forward if we keep picking a guy that lives purely on reputation and just cannot deliver anymore. Even Mourinho is coming round.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 00:35:55 »

I'm still finding it incredibly difficult to get enraged about Allardyce. He actually did nothing and said himself he was uncomfortable about acting during the conversation/that he'd have to check with the FA.

Mr Wright, ironically, seems far worse..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 00:50:26 »

I was quite happy to give Southgate my support.

Then he made Rooney Captain.

I admire what Rooney did for England in his prime, and i love his commitment to the game, but he is clearly 5 years past his sell by date.
We are never going to move forward if we keep picking a guy that lives purely on reputation and just cannot deliver anymore. Even Mourinho is coming round.

You come in as caretaker, then you're not going to rock the boat.

Allardyce had the chance to do that, (namely get rid of the old guard) but failed. There's no reason why Southgate shouldn't see us through to Russia if we get results in the 3 qualifiers.  Germany appointed Loew, an assistant who'd scuffed around a bit. Spain have appointed Lopetgui, U 21 coach who failed given a proper team.

Having good players helps...England haven't.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 05:18:29 »

I'm still finding it incredibly difficult to get enraged about Allardyce. He actually did nothing and said himself he was uncomfortable about acting during the conversation/that he'd have to check with the FA.

Mr Wright, ironically, seems far worse..
I must admit, I'm struggling to see what he did to deserve the outrage. He didn't break any rules as far as I can see and, as you say, he said he would have to run it by the FA before agreeing to anything.

Someone pointed out earlier that anyone taking the England job must be crazy. The media and fans will be out to get him from day 1 whoever it is (with the possible exception of Golden Bollocks Eddie Howe).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 08:55:50 »

I must admit, I'm struggling to see what he did to deserve the outrage. He didn't break any rules as far as I can see and, as you say, he said he would have to run it by the FA before agreeing to anything.

Someone pointed out earlier that anyone taking the England job must be crazy. The media and fans will be out to get him from day 1 whoever it is (with the possible exception of Golden Bollocks Eddie Howe).

I am outraged that you are not outraged  Cheesy I suspect Eddie Howe would still get the treatment from media and fans, would be interesting to see how the pundits react if he did poorly as they have been blowing smoke up his arse for the last 3 years!

See we got another massive name snared today in Eric Black, although I am not altogether sure what he has actually done as the BBC states 'filmed apparently naming staff at other clubs who could be induced to pass on information about players to a company for money.' - so that seems to be either a) whistleblowing or b) admitting that others are corrupt, should they not possibly instead be going after the people he has named?
Flashheart

« Reply #279 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 08:57:43 »

I want to see Howe get it. If for no other reason because it could derail Bournemouth.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #280 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 09:10:05 »

I want to see Howe get it. If for no other reason because it could derail Bournemouth.
I'm not bitter....but yes...this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 11:45:28 »

I've more confidence now it seems the police have got involved and asked the Telegraph for the footage before it goes to the FA etc, hopefully those that are hanging and assuming they are guilty will be dealt with correctly rather than just a whitewash.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 14:09:29 »

I've more confidence now it seems the police have got involved and asked the Telegraph for the footage before it goes to the FA etc, hopefully those that are hanging and assuming they are guilty will be dealt with correctly rather than just a whitewash.
Yeah, because the coppers have never been involved in a whitewash have they?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 15:27:53 »

Yeah, because the coppers have never been involved in a whitewash have they?

There is that but surely with this being so public then you would hope it will be dealt with correctly
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, September 30, 2016, 15:30:32 »

There is that but surely with this being so public then you would hope it will be dealt with correctly
Hillsborough wasn't exactly hidden away from the public gaze.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: