Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next England Manager  (Read 72696 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:14:56 »

Seriously though, from recollection was it one of those two who seemed genuinely gutted to be leaving?
I'd imagine they all were, couldn't believe their luck when they landed fat contracts to play in English pro football, rather than Italian pub sides. I'd be gutted under similar circumstances
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:15:43 »

I think you'll find there's plenty more to come, they're building the story, aren't they spreading it out over 10 days or something? If they go with all the high profile stuff right from the outset, who's going to bother to read about the Barnsely assistant manager on day 10?

Are you saying that Sam Allardyce is not 'high profile' he will be gutted. Looking at the whinging interviews he gave yesterday for someone who was apparently earning £3m a year he seems to live on a very plain housing estate in Bolton.

Edit - a quick look on Companies House shows his address, its like somewhere you or I would live. He has had some interesting company directorships over the years!
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:21:13 by horlock07 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:25:36 »

Whatever happened with that dodgy Spanish kid we had on 'loan' last year. Went off to QPR and then . . .?
Flashheart

« Reply #258 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:27:13 »

I reckon Power tried to find a way to do a deal but left it as it was too dodgy.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:30:02 »

Whatever happened with that dodgy Spanish kid we had on 'loan' last year. Went off to QPR and then . . .?

I've wondered about him....seemed a bit too good to be true, as clubs like Celta produce some very good players.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:50:58 »

Playing (a bit) in the Segunda with CD Lugo http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yelko-pino/profil/spieler/217153#ath
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:53:47 »

Interesting, so he does exist, all sounded a bit Milan Misun to me.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:59:45 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:58:24 »

I've wondered about him....seemed a bit too good to be true, as clubs like Celta produce some very good players.

Now played a game and everything in the Segunda back in Spain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yelko_Pino
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:09:57 »

Now played a game and everything in the Segunda back in Spain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yelko_Pino

I don't know a whole lot about the standard of the Segunda, as it's warped by B teams. It is quite common though for clubs coming up, to bin off most of the players that got them up and also the coach, and then pick up a number of players from the relegated clubs.....Alaves this season being a classic example.

It would be a higher standard than Div 3, so a lad who couldn't cut it in the Segunda might be OK, but I'd imagine he's a technician and we know what happens to them at our level.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 12:00:05 »

Are you saying that Sam Allardyce is not 'high profile' he will be gutted. 
No, but it's a standard arc for a story you're spreading out like this - start with a big splash to get initial interest, but don't play all your best cards right from the off, drop some teasers and save some of the big stuff for a final reveal to keep people's interest. If you shoot your load on Day 1, everything else is then just "And?"
Flashheart

« Reply #265 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 12:11:15 »

That's Tommy Wright sacked then.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 12:16:51 »

Wright was assistant manager at Chesterfield when we lost at Wembley.

Smiley

It'll be interesting to see how Hasselbaink manages to squirm his way out of this one.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #267 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 12:39:26 »

Wright was assistant manager at Chesterfield when we lost at Wembley.
Our cup then.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 13:31:05 »

No, but it's a standard arc for a story you're spreading out like this - start with a big splash to get initial interest, but don't play all your best cards right from the off, drop some teasers and save some of the big stuff for a final reveal to keep people's interest. If you shoot your load on Day 1, everything else is then just "And?"

The same technique they used for the expenses scandal. I imagine a couple of the big ones will come out over the weekend.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 15:39:19 »

The same technique they used for the expenses scandal. I imagine a couple of the big ones will come out over the weekend.

Wasn't it only 5 days of revelations - so they should have shot their load by friday
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: