Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next England Manager  (Read 72557 times)
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 20:01:42 »

I'd go for someone like Klinsmann and an assistant such as Howe/Dyche.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 21:14:47 »

I'd go for someone like Klinsmann and an assistant such as Howe/Dyche.
I don't think Howe or Dyche would leave the PL (spit) for an assistant gig.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 22:03:41 »

I know we're all only speculating, but it does seem a bit harsh to criticise the FA for not employing someone who doesn't exist. I mean this guy who inspires passion and drive, lives and breathes football, has a winning mentality and isn't a mentalist.. Who is that? You sort of have to pick someone who wants the job, and isn't just a list of ideal characteristics. You can criticise them for going for the "safe option", sure, but let's not do a thisis-style "why didn't we pick the guy who had all the attributes we want" cos all the candidates - like the managers we've had - have flaws. England are no more likely to attract a man with the aforementioned criteria than we are to come under the ownership of one of the super rich, super loyal Swindon fans that are apparently queueing up to take us over.

Also, as pauld intimated, whether Southgate inspires or excites us is relatively immaterial. His job is to inspire the players, and there's no way to know whether he's capable doing that without being one of them. There are a multitude of reasons why an otherwise adept player plays like shit, and I'm pleased to see after last night most of the "it's because they don't care" crowd are quieter than they have been previously. Except Waddle, who said its cos they listen to headphones, or something. I'm still trying to get my head around that level of straw clutching.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 22:07:09 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 22:38:25 »

Maybe England were just beaten by an excellent side with an incredible work ethic who made them look poor on the night.

Will be very interesting to see how the French get on against them.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 10:26:46 »

I have no expertise in this at all.  Until Monday I thought Roy had done not a bad job since the World Cup....we actually saw an England team that could pass the ball, could move pretty quickly up the field, and who knew where the goal was (even if they missed it rather too much!!!).  But Monday was appalling, and I don't understand why.  There is skill throughout the team, but it went to pieces, led by Rooney who was worse than I have ever seen him before, and Hart who seemd to be totally lacking in confidence.

My view is that someone like Bilic or Mark Hughes or Howe (not them necessarily) but someone who has wrestled with a middle of the road PL team and got them playing better than by rights they should, and who still allows English players into the first team....and who makes no assumptions that somehow England has a right to be at the top table.  It needs long and hard  work and tough decisions...like Rooney out.....and a willingness to face down both the FA and the PL managers.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 10:32:33 »

I have no expertise in this at all.  Until Monday I thought Roy had done not a bad job since the World Cup....we actually saw an England team that could pass the ball, could move pretty quickly up the field, and who knew where the goal was (even if they missed it rather too much!!!).  But Monday was appalling, and I don't understand why.  There is skill throughout the team, but it went to pieces, led by Rooney who was worse than I have ever seen him before, and Hart who seemd to be totally lacking in confidence.

My view is that someone like Bilic or Mark Hughes or Howe (not them necessarily) but someone who has wrestled with a middle of the road PL team and got them playing better than by rights they should, and who still allows English players into the first team....and who makes no assumptions that somehow England has a right to be at the top table.  It needs long and hard  work and tough decisions...like Rooney out.....and a willingness to face down both the FA and the PL managers.

I don't think it helps that we don't have enough proper competitive international games.
The qualifying and then group stages are so heavily seeded in favour of the big nations we get through by default. Then the competitive games come and we lose
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 10:35:33 »

It's the same for everyone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 10:37:27 »

I have no expertise in this at all. 

Don't worry the FA CEO, Martin Glenn has admitted "I'm no football expert" It's alright though he's going to have a chat with the Garys Neville and Lineker, to get some advice.

The last 9 months haven't been a good time for Neville snr.  However I will credit the fella for giving it a go, the pundits who finishing playing and then pontificate, their opinion carries little more weight for me than a bloke in a pub.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 16:51:55 »

The cowardice in not dropping shit performers upset me.

All this bollocks about 'lacking confidence' ref Sterling etc....This is England Senior squad in a Tournament, not a fucking counselling event. Not up to it? Not up for it? Fuck off.....Sterling should of been left out after Russia and Wilshire shouldn't of even gone.

Fortune favours the brave in this instance.

Clems Army!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 17:01:56 »

Jamie Carragher nailed it.

They're soft. They're cossetted 24 hours a day with their agents acting like surrogate mothers.

They have a feeling of entitlement, never having to think for themselves, anything goes wrong it's always somebody elses fault.

In essence, they have no personal backbone.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 17:24:56 »

Don't worry the FA CEO, Martin Glenn has admitted "I'm no football expert" It's alright though he's going to have a chat with the Garys Neville and Lineker, to get some advice.

The last 9 months haven't been a good time for Neville snr.  However I will credit the fella for giving it a go, the pundits who finishing playing and then pontificate, their opinion carries little more weight for me than a bloke in a pub.

Totally agree with that.pundits have no credibility with me im afraid especially lineker who has never had to make a management decision in his life.i literally know more about managing a football team than him.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 17:27:16 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 17:51:06 »

Totally agree with that.pundits have no credibility with me im afraid especially lineker who has never had to make a management decision in his life.i literally know more about managing a football team than him.

Tbf to the boy Line acre, he has made himself into a decent TV link man. Now if you wanted some advice on that subject, I could see why you might go to him, but football management....nah.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 19:03:41 »

They're soft. They're cossetted 24 hours a day with their agents acting like surrogate mothers.

They have a feeling of entitlement, never having to think for themselves, anything goes wrong it's always somebody elses fault.

Ah yes, Jamie Carragher - the man who retired from international football twice because he couldn't get in the team.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 21:06:29 »

Garuff doesn't want it.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36669137

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 21:13:22 »

That's a pretty damning way to talk about people you've presumably never met and have no personal experience of beyond contractually obligated soundbites at the end of matches.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: