Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next England Manager  (Read 72073 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 10:28:07 »

I think an appointment of Southgate would be a very backwards and uninspiring choice, so the FA will prob go with this option.

We need someone who is going to come in, and literally take the job by the neck, shake it up, get some direction and a clear plan on how to play, how to defend, how to pass the ball more then 5 meters, the importance of movement without the ball, work rate, who takes no bullshit egos.

Similar to what Di Canio did when he came here, now im not suggesting Di Canio, but someone of that ilk, just without the odd moments of temper.
So you want a psycho with no real idea about management other than buying dozens of players until eventually something sticks in a job with no opportunity to "buy in"? And who's idea of man management is just abject terror? Great.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 10:53:40 »

Why not?? because the politician type has worked so well? What ever works to get results or at least competitive it doesnt matter, a positive approach of going into games expecting a win, not going into games with a written resignation in your pocket

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:09:19 »

Doesn't matter who gets the job really does it?
Unless you change the mindset and way players are treated in this country(which aint gonna happen) the best manager in the world, whoever that is would fail in the England job.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:31:10 »

Why not?? because the politician type has worked so well? What ever works to get results or at least competitive it doesnt matter, a positive approach of going into games expecting a win, not going into games with a written resignation in your pocket
Takes a bit more than just a positive approach though. Some ability to select a player and some man management savvy for one thing. A Di Canio type might be an idea if we're looking to put together an international squad made up of League 2 players competing against other similar standard squads and he has twice the available budget. Otherwise you're just floundering
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:37:02 »

Takes a bit more than just a positive approach though. Some ability to select a player and some man management savvy for one thing. A Di Canio type might be an idea if we're looking to put together an international squad made up of League 2 players competing against other similar standard squads and he has twice the available budget. Otherwise you're just floundering

We need to recalibrate what is acceptable...the FA said that last 8 and a heroic failure to a major country would have seen Woy ok for a new contract.  Perhaps that needs downgrading to getting to the tournament and getting out of the group as acceptable....after all England have never won a ko game in the Euros outside of England. Which is why I suspected we wouldn't see off the Icelanders.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:44:31 »

When I say a Di Canio type, Im not talking about Di Canio, he had his flaws, but its the enthusiasm, the balls on the line attitude, do or die mentality, we are a 2nd tier nation in world football, go with the mindset. Of course have some football knowledge with tactics, systems, otherwise we will end up with a Keegan type.

The FA have the money to entice anyone they want, but it will be a safe option, and thats just frustrating, because its just not working

Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:55:20 »

When I say a Di Canio type, Im not talking about Di Canio, he had his flaws, but its the enthusiasm, the balls on the line attitude, do or die mentality, we are a 2nd tier nation in world football, go with the mindset. Of course have some football knowledge with tactics, systems, otherwise we will end up with a Keegan type.

The FA have the money to entice anyone they want, but it will be a safe option, and thats just frustrating, because its just not working

I understood what you meant and you are right.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:55:23 »

Southgate is pretty uninspiring imo. Miniature Roy in personality if memory serves me.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:05:32 »

Southgate is pretty uninspiring imo. Miniature Roy in personality if memory serves me.
tbf, he's the only England manager to have won anything lately. Albeit at U21s level, but it's more than anyone else has managed. He doesn't inspire me much either, but then neither you nor I are likely to be playing for England in the near future, it's more about whether he inspires the players.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:36:51 »

Egil 'Drillo' Olsen is unemployed, I'm sure everyone would love a Geography nerd communist as coach of England
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:31:30 »

Egil 'Drillo' Olsen is unemployed, I'm sure everyone would love a Geography nerd communist as coach of England

Scratch what I said about hoddle, this is now my dream

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:48:08 »

Scratch what I said about hoddle, this is now my dream

Glenn has been out of the management game for too long and has lost the plot....his line last night that England couldn't defend a long throw because the Prem is so sophisticated, and so the players haven't seen it for 30 years, proves it.

Do you have a fetish for rolled down wellies Ells?  The Olsen trade mark.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 19:15:27 »

Southgate nailed on...FA yes man..

Clems Army!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 19:42:33 »

Momentum for hoddle is growing. Cut to 8/1 tonight.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 19:46:20 »

I hope its Eddie Howe, because when he fails (which he ultimately will) the media can stop with this bollocks about him being the next messiah
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: