Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next England Manager  (Read 72488 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:38:06 »

They should be begging hoddle to take the job. We've tired the foreign route which didn't work. I don't think anything will work but hey ho. I still think hoddle is the best candidate and most realistic one for the job.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:53:51 »

Not managed for 10 years now. Would have thought he's done with management after that length of time.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:55:43 »

Southgate seems a show in anyway.  Jose wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.  Hoddle would be too big a risk for the FA and while speaking some sense yesterday seems a bit hit and miss even as a panelist these days.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:59:37 »

It won't happen but i would be busting a bollock to offer the job to Slaven Bilic
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:13:36 »

Shame Forest Green are paying so much money or Cooper could have taken it on.
Tis a shame, we really need another loser and somebody who can blame everybody else!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:45:08 »

I'm serious about an Allardyce/Pulis type. The last 2 tournaments we've been very much like a relegation outfit, bereft of any confidence. We need to get back to te basicsa of being organised and hard to beat, even if it is ugly.

The country along with Wales has opted for siege mentality.....so the time is right.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:49:58 »

Why stop there? Why not just roll right back to the 70s? Kick and rush and lump it forward to the big man? Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:53:04 »

You joke about lumping it to the big man, but Andy Carroll (or similar) is a dynamic we could have done with this tournament.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:13:03 »

I'm serious about an Allardyce/Pulis type. The last 2 tournaments we've been very much like a relegation outfit, bereft of any confidence. We need to get back to te basicsa of being organised and hard to beat, even if it is ugly.

The country along with Wales has opted for siege mentality.....so the time is right.

Sean Dyce? The modern day Allardyce/Pulis type
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:20:47 »

Sean Dyce? The modern day Allardyce/Pulis type

Good shout.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:30:28 »

Good shout.

I'd have no problem with him but I can imagine the general reaction to an appointment like that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:33:58 »

Time for Arsene to leave the Arse and take over, the FA love him, a lot of Arse fans no longer love him, time is right but would he take it with the extra pressure of the media? I doubt it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:45:19 »

It won't happen but i would be busting a bollock to offer the job to Slaven Bilic

He'd be a great choice
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 10:13:09 »

Time for Arsene to leave the Arse and take over, the FA love him, a lot of Arse fans no longer love him, time is right
Time might have been right 10 years ago but now? Time to look forward, not back to retro retreads (Hoddle, Pulis, Wenger).
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 10:26:13 »

I think an appointment of Southgate would be a very backwards and uninspiring choice, so the FA will prob go with this option.

We need someone who is going to come in, and literally take the job by the neck, shake it up, get some direction and a clear plan on how to play, how to defend, how to pass the ball more then 5 meters, the importance of movement without the ball, work rate, who takes no bullshit egos.

Similar to what Di Canio did when he came here, now im not suggesting Di Canio, but someone of that ilk, just without the odd moments of temper.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: