Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kids Football  (Read 2349 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:03:16 »

Has anyone got any experience of their child doing either STFC FITC or Wimms 11 ?

My 3 year old currently does Wimms on a weekend and enjoys it, but my concern with Wimms is that the coaches are not always the same, and now they are entering teams into the local youth leagues if they will use the better coaches for that and the younger ones may miss out, not sure if this makes a difference at such a young age or not though.

But they do play very little football.

I wondered if FITC was similar or if it was better, prices seem v similar not sure whether to stick to Wimms or move for next term.

I'm just looking for views from other parents
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:19:49 »

Local leagues don't start till Under 7 so shouldn't effect your 3 year old. No experience of Wims but they have a good reputation. Both mine went to FITC and really enjoyed it but can't compare to Wims tbh. If he's enjoying it there, no need to move him, why don't you wait and see if your fears are realised? Or you could move for a term and try FitC then move back if it's not as good? Unless there's massive pressure on places for Wims and you wouldn't be able to move back but I'd doubt it. Most of these places will take as many as they can.

ASC also do a "tots" group while I have no experience of the tots group per se, I know the coaches are good:
http://www.advancedsportscoaching.co.uk/index.php/football-sessions/footy-tots
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:32:33 »

my 2 year old had two lessons at WIMS. Was expensive for what it is. FITC was cheaper, subsidised through the butterflies place in Abbeymeads.

It's the interaction which is key. WIMS had too many kids.

* tots.jpg (163.66 KB, 1240x1754 - viewed 151 times.)
« Last Edit: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:36:09 by Sippo » Logged

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:40:28 »

Don't hurry kids into football would be my advice. They'll play once they get to school if they like it and that opens up opportunities from there going forward.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 13:45:04 »

Don't hurry kids into football would be my advice. They'll play once they get to school if they like it and that opens up opportunities from there going forward.

Yes

Kicking about in the street/garden/park wherever... teaches them to manipulate the ball. Also don't necessarily use big footballs, tennis balls, stones, rolled up old socks etc.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 10:34:34 »

My little lad is being taken on a tour of the county ground on monday. Fair play to FITC team.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 11:06:58 »

My little lad is being taken on a tour of the county ground on monday. Fair play to FITC team.

You can't knock how important things like this are for the youngsters. I remember after we won L2 in 2012 that we missed party on the pitch and the opportunity to have a pic with the trophy, I emailed the club to see if we could pop down and they were really accommodating and look pics. If the club engaged with the young like this, it has a huge impact on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: