Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Question of Nationality.  (Read 7114 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:13:09 »

I'm Saxon.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:13:54 »

I'm Saxon.

German then?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:16:46 »

Yes, lower Saxony
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:19:03 »

I'm English born and bred, but I'm British Isles by ancestory (Scottish and possibly Welsh), with some Irish in the mix.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 10:29:48 »

Not really sure, being born on a specific piece of land is a fluke you have no say in. I'm not really a fan of Nationalism and "I'm five eights Irish" and to me, there's better ways you can identify yourself than "I'm English". I tend to say that I'm from England more than anything.

Having said that I have always and probably will always support England / Britain in sporting events.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:04:15 »

Oh, this does not apply to Andy Murray.

If he wins, he's British. If he loses, he's Scottish.

Obviously.

Andy Murray is a grade A cunt!
When he wins he is Scottish,  when he loses be it's British.

I know people who claim to be British or British English but never just English,  the same however can't be said for the Welsh or Scottish as  they both drop British like a bit potato. 
I am English but my family are all from Northern Ireland,  a nation who are proudly loyal to be British depending on religious beliefs and location. 
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:10:46 »

No Jock or Taff sees themselves as British first.

It's why there is a culture for Scotland, Ireland and Wales but absolutely fuck all for England.

There's something wrong with the English in despising any notion of nationhood.

Your spot on,  but the issue with wanting a national holiday for St George allows certain groups  to class you as a right wing racist.  If England Wales and N Ireland  decided to go it alone and ditch Scotland we the English  again would be hated by those North of the border even more so than now.  If Scotland get the opportunity again to request independence the whole of the UK should get the vote.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:14:31 »

I'm European,union or no fucking union!

So if you go on holiday to say India,  and you meet a group on an excursion the topic comes round to nationality,  you say your European? 
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:37:42 »

Your spot on,  but the issue with wanting a national holiday for St George allows certain groups  to class you as a right wing racist.  If England Wales and N Ireland  decided to go it alone and ditch Scotland we the English  again would be hated by those North of the border even more so than now.  If Scotland get the opportunity again to request independence the whole of the UK should get the vote.

The irony of a patron saint of possibly Turkish Arab or Syrian descent is worth a small inward chuckle.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 12:40:00 »

So if you go on holiday to say India,  and you meet a group on an excursion the topic comes round to nationality,  you say your European? 

Nice analogy but i dont think it will ever happen.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 14:02:28 »

Nice analogy but i dont think it will ever happen.

I don't disbelieve you,  far from it could be viewed as sitting in the fence but  I am picturing a group of foreign holiday makers bemused,  wondering where the fuck  is that  Clap
I'm easily pleased
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 14:05:33 »

The irony of a patron saint of possibly Turkish Arab or Syrian descent is worth a small inward chuckle.

Indeed,  and the same could be said for  St Andrew as he is also that of a number of nations and a galilean fisherman
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 14:23:05 »

Indeed,  and the same could be said for  St Andrew as he is also that of a number of nations and a galilean fisherman
Also St Patrick was born in England.

I do find it ironic when the Scots say about St George being Turkish when the patron Saint of Scotland was Israeli.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 14:25:17 »

[/b]

That would guarantee their independence. Don't understand why the Scottish fishwife hasn't considered it.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 14:29:11 »

[/b]

That would guarantee their independence. Don't understand why the Scottish fishwife hasn't considered it.

Indeed  Please?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: