Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Independence Day  (Read 4365 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 09:15:08 »

It could well be, unfortunately even if I considered voting out then it is posts like this that put me off, they shout loudest and seem to have the least considered reasons for their arguments.

This also applies to the public speakers on the subject like Boris, Farage and Gove etc.

None of these have convinced me that I personally or we as a nation will be better off out of the EU.

This above almost anything has made my mind up to vote for in.

I actually think the whole campaign would have been more civil and sensible if the politicians had kept out of it as they have just wound many into a frenzy leaving the mess we will have to deal with whatever the outcome tomorrow. Ultimately whatever will be will be.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 09:16:46 »

It has been handled appallingly by both sides.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 09:29:01 »

And the sequel is really crap, according to a review I read earlier in the week.  Even with Jeff Goldblum in it.

Still, good of the Sun to use their splash today to promote said film, while also urging people to vote out.

In unrealted news, the film is produced by 21st Century Fox, owned by Rupert Murdoch.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 09:42:16 »

Had an interesting day out with one of my major clients yesterday couple of interesting things were discussed;

a) A number of their big clients are the major national house builders and my Client was saying that for the last 6 months these companies whenever they purchase an option to buy land they have demanded that a Brexit clause be inserted in the contract to allow them to walk away if we vote leave, from what he is hearing the majority intent to invoke this clause fairly shortly after we go (unless an enormous carrot comes from the government to prop up the housing market) as they think there is no point building in the short/medium term as people will not want to risk mortgages whilst the economy is uncertain and interest rates could go all over the place;

b) They also do a lot of work with a PR consultancy who also work for NW Conservatives, apparently the moderate elements of the party (which is quite strong in the NW) are sick of the right and already well down the line with planning a split if the right force their agenda through, possibly looking to the Lib Dems to see if a centralist party can be launched?

Don't shoot the messenger, but its want I heard from a very well connected source......
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 03:57:48 »

It's all media hype.  The divisions caused by this campaign are nothing compared with those that came about in Scotland 2 years ago - and still exist today.
I think you'll find this issue isn't dead yet. If we've voted out, the vested interests wont take it laying down. I expect this to cause trouble for years to come.
The working class, semi and unskilled, have come out to vote and the middle class have to listen. This isn't what democracy in the UK is all about.
As I've said a divided country.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 05:35:11 »

Turkeys voting for Christmas.....

It's All Good..............
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 05:54:55 »

I think that's a little unfair to turkeys.....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:16:44 »

More like the lunatics taking over the asylum.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 11:25:18 »

More like the lunatics taking over the asylum.
bojo and farage. Shudder....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: