Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 132

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 70533 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 17:45:07 »

I totally agree. But why isn't it seen as a proper subject? Because the government don't value it. I had a Y11 class for PSHE (once a fortnight) this year. They had exercise books dating back to Y8 which nobody has ever bothered to look in. Why would you? Not examined, so books don't get scrutinised by the higher ups = no point wasting 2hrs of valuable time marking them.

Which kind of proves my point...as an educator didn't you feel the importance of this time?  Shouldn't that have been your motivation, rather than relegated it in importance?  Don't you think kids pick up on this....oh, look sir doesn't care so why should we?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 17:45:09 »

I don't get all these "my kids future being affected" statements. How so?

Because they'll be the ones still picking up the pieces in 20 years time when the country is still dealing with the fallout.

National legal systems and bi-lateral trade agreements don't get negotiated and agreed overnight. And all of that costs a fuck load of money that the government doesn't have for the foreseeable future.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 17:51:44 »

Because they'll be the ones still picking up the pieces in 20 years time when the country is still dealing with the fallout.

National legal systems and bi-lateral trade agreements don't get negotiated and agreed overnight. And all of that costs a fuck load of money that the government doesn't have for the foreseeable future.

Elect a Corbyn government scrap Trident, and we'll be swimming in ££'s.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 18:27:10 »

Corbyn is toast, and if the labour membership (supportership, with their system) saves him then the Labour Party will split. Interesting times ahead left and right.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 18:35:00 »

The people have spoken we all need to move on.

We need the best politicians with the highest economic competence and the best lawyers/negotiators to steer us through.

I do believe the decision made by the electorate is the right one, but we all need to pull together now however people may have voted. These farcical calls for a 2nd vote are an embarrassment as are these ridiculous petitions
That's what I have always been taught.  Play the game, absorb your sense of injustice and congratulate the winner.

Unless its Swindon Town

In this case the mandate is a wish to leave the EU rather than remain on known terms as renegotiated.

Once these terms are defined, the electorate is entitled to say whether it wishes to leave or stay on an informed basis.

Wait for an outline Brexit to be agreed and choose by vote the preferred system with Johnson recommending his Brexit terms (rather than fantasy) to  us.  Not saying you're wrong Outlet but usually it takes more than a few days before the electorate are told that no promises were made, only visions expressed which unfortunately cannot be implemented.

Farage himself said he'd have problems accepting a 52:48 vote, yes 52:48 exactly.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 18:44:14 »

How many of the leave campaign does it take to change a lightbulb?

"We didnt say there was a lightbulb'

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 21:52:17 »

I totally agree. But why isn't it seen as a proper subject? Because the government don't value it. I had a Y11 class for PSHE (once a fortnight) this year. They had exercise books dating back to Y8 which nobody has ever bothered to look in. Why would you? Not examined, so books don't get scrutinised by the higher ups = no point wasting 2hrs of valuable time marking them.
Maybe because the children you teach deserve an education? Thought teaching was supposed to be a vocation?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Monday, June 27, 2016, 21:55:08 »

Or just move to Europe?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:26:06 »

The Labour party MP's are walking a think line right now.  They seem oblivious to the fact that they supported the losing side of the ballot and also that they are now in a minority in terms of views in their own party.  I would not be surprised to see the party rip itself apart now with de-selections of MP's or people maybe even (unlikely) waking up and smelling the coffee.

Might be good if this leads to five or six main parties and an absolute need for PR of some nature.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:21:47 »

The Labour party MP's are walking a think line right now.  They seem oblivious to the fact that they supported the losing side of the ballot and also that they are now in a minority in terms of views in their own party.
Not to mention that most of them were as much responsible for selling the people who rebelled against the establishment on Thursday down the river as the Tories. Blairites especially, they are the root cause of the rot. Don't get me wrong, Corbyn's hopeless, but if Labour think they can sort things out by getting rid and going back to business as usual with another Westminster clone, they're in for one hell of a shock

I would not be surprised to see the party rip itself apart now with de-selections of MP's or people maybe even (unlikely) waking up and smelling the coffee.

Might be good if this leads to five or six main parties and an absolute need for PR of some nature.
Think you're right and tbh seems the only way forward to me. Rip it up (on both sides of the political spectrum), get rid of the lot of them and start again
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:26:11 »

In the Times this morning (I can't link due to the pay wall), Johnson and Cameron in agreement that gaining access to the Single Market is a more important consideration than restricting Free Movement.  Yep, you read that correctly.

So in a nutshell, anyone who thought that a Leave vote would allow the country to regain control of its migration policy was sold a lie.  They didn't tell you, but this was never on the table anyway.  You can add it to the Lie List...along with the £350m/week NHS funding pledge.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:15:42 »

Dear me! Jeremy Hunt thinking of throwing his hat in the ring.

Good luck with that Jezza!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 10:16:59 »

Dear me! Jeremy Hunt thinking of throwing his hat in the ring.

Good luck with that Jezza!
heard him on the radio this morning and in a field of delusional halfwits, he still managed to stand out. Thinks we can get a "Norway+" option where we get a Free Trade Agreement but without the Freedom of Movement and, get this, we can negotiate all this *before* we trigger Article 50, then the public can vote on whether they like the negotiated agreement in, erm, either a second referendum or maybe a general election or something and then the new government triggers Article 50 with their nice fresh new mandate. Or doesn't if the anti-Noway+ faction won. Then we all go and live happily ever after with our shiny EU subsidies for Jeremy Hunt's new unicorn farms. He made Johnson look like he'd done his homework. Muppet.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:19:41 »

Farage is currently in Brussels.

Quick, someone, anyone, invoke article 50 and close the borders.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:29:42 »

Complete unanimity in Brussels on the point that if the UK wishes to have access to the Single Market, we have to agree to Freedom of Movement.  It's a point that Cameron, Johnson and, now, Hunt, have all accepted.

So Leavers, which did you vote for?  It's both of these, or neither of them.  They come as a package.

If you thought you were getting Single Market access without Freedom of Movement, you voted on a false prospectus.  You voted for something that was never on offer.

At least we've still taken back control though.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:36:00 by Ardiles » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: