Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71415 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:26:51 »

What do we actually export to europe these days?

Quite a lot of stuff apparently https://fullfact.org/europe/do-half-uks-exports-go-europe/ although not sure what this actually relates to?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:46:53 »

Just had a quick look at the uk trade stats. Net importer of about £12bn a month.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 14:18:51 »

Which is exactly why we'll all be fucked if we leave and the Pound plummets tomorrow.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 14:25:39 »

I looked at it a different way - If we weren't in, would I vote to join ?

edit : I know this is purely theoretic as we cannot possibly assess the current state of the UK after 43 years out of the EU but it helped clarify a few issues.
That's a completely different question, though.  If we weren't currently in the EU, then we would know what it was that we were changing to, as the situation both inside and outside the EU would be known.  As it is, we know what the situation is as a member of the EU, but not what will happen if we leave.

There are many arguments to stay and leave, but I don't think that this is a good way of looking at it, as it's the unknown quantity of leave that is driving the rhetoric of what *might* happen in the event of a leave vote from both sides.

It would be a damn sight clearer if we were out and voting to join, that's for sure.

never trust a nun...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 15:17:37 »

What do we actually export to europe these days?
OAPs
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 15:21:05 »

OAPs

Football hooliganism...
Barry Scott

« Reply #141 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 15:23:15 »

I actually voted for the first time since being a teen today. Remain was the direction I voted.

Neither sits well with me, but I like the idea that perhaps the EU makes the cunts that we elected, to supposedly act in out interests, at least have someone to keep an eye on them and ensure they don't completely fuck us. (Even though pretty much everyone apart form the upper echelons are already taking it right up their arses and the EU supposedly have an erection for the delight that is T.T.I.P.)
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 15:36:41 »

I actually voted for the first time since being a teen today. Remain was the direction I voted.

Neither sits well with me, but I like the idea that perhaps the EU makes the cunts that we elected, to supposedly act in out interests, at least have someone to keep an eye on them and ensure they don't completely fuck us. (Even though pretty much everyone apart form the upper echelons are already taking it right up their arses and the EU supposedly have an erection for the delight that is T.T.I.P.)

I actually fear TTIP more if we leave, Tories are lapping it up and we will be in, within the EU all countries will have to ratify and as it stands the French and Germans are not keen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 17:05:39 »

Why are people so against T In The Park? Its a great music festival.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 17:53:45 »

Nice to see the majority on here are voting to stay in......let's hope it reflects the final result.
I can't vote myself as I have lived outside the UK for more than 15 years.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:04:35 »

Nice to see the majority on here are voting to stay in......let's hope it reflects the final result.
I can't vote myself as I have lived outside the UK for more than 15 years.

On the run?  Cheesy
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:49:15 »

Football hooliganism...
Write off cars seem to sell well in eastern Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 18:57:58 »

Why no exit polls then?  One of the things I'll never forget about the General Election is walking out of the pub after watching us win through to the Play Off Final last year and - before I got back to the car - the exit poll came out on the dot of 10pm to correctly predict the outcome.  No need to wait up all night.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 19:10:33 »

Why no exit polls then?  One of the things I'll never forget about the General Election is walking out of the pub after watching us win through to the Play Off Final last year and - before I got back to the car - the exit poll came out on the dot of 10pm to correctly predict the outcome.  No need to wait up all night.

Exit polls rely on having data from lots of previous elections to be accurate. They survey people at key polling stations which have historically provided a good indication of the final vote, then extrapolate that across the whole thing. For this, they have no idea which polling stations to survey due to lack of comparable data. The whole methodology wouldn't work.

There are various privately commissioned polling day 'exit type' polls though, but apparently the news outlets can't report on them until after the Polling Stations close (Source - Friend that works for ITN News).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 19:12:14 »

Why no exit polls then?  One of the things I'll never forget about the General Election is walking out of the pub after watching us win through to the Play Off Final last year and - before I got back to the car - the exit poll came out on the dot of 10pm to correctly predict the outcome.  No need to wait up all night.

Logistics.  For General/Party elections they have key wards they sample from that they used to think would be good predictors of regional variations.  Aside from them getting it wrong last time out due to a shift in the regional voting map, they can't use the same method for this and would need to sample from all over the UK
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: