Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 132

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 70581 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 14:11:27 »

Gove's wife's email re Johnson:Gove ticket:

Interesting to note how the anti immigrant, pro British sovereignty duo, according to Mrs "Gove", are more concerned about the support of one non-taxpaying Aussie now that they have the 52:48 mandate of the duped British electorate.

Bavk to business as usual.

Flashheart

« Reply #571 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 14:36:08 »

It's all quite entertaining if nothing else.

I normally find British politics boring as fuck, but this is getting funny. The yanks have their turn coming up soon as well.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 14:41:41 »

Isn't that why the Blairites are pushing so hard to get him to stand down this week? Because they know Corbyn will call for Blair to face war crimes charges? Does he have any more ability to make that happen if he's still leader of the official Opposition than as a normal MP?

It could also be that he's a total tit. Not many MPs left around now with any personal ties to Blair - quite a few who voted for Iraq, sure, but mostly from the backbenches.

I actually quite like some of Corbyn's politics, but I can't see how anyone can defend his ability to lead a piss up in a brewery.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 16:29:49 »

It could also be that he's a total tit. Not many MPs left around now with any personal ties to Blair - quite a few who voted for Iraq, sure, but mostly from the backbenches.

I actually quite like some of Corbyn's politics, but I can't see how anyone can defend his ability to lead a piss up in a brewery.

I'm here also. I'm a big fan of Corbyn, a big big fan but he's just not a very good leader....

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 16:40:09 »

I like the fella too. I also don't think he should quit. If he's not re-appointed by the party members then fine but until then he should stay in his job. There is a process for this and he is right to see that exercised.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 17:02:55 »

I like the fella too. I also don't think he should quit. If he's not re-appointed by the party members then fine but until then he should stay in his job. There is a process for this and he is right to see that exercised.

yep

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 17:03:49 »

Carney is now saying, a cut in interest rates is necessary, presumably to take the rate into negative territory.  Now I'm no economist, but this seems like a bad idea. 

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 17:57:10 »

It could also be that he's a total tit.
Today's massive facepalm launch of the anti-Semitism report (and his whole handling of that) suggests you may have a point Smiley
Not many MPs left around now with any personal ties to Blair - quite a few who voted for Iraq, sure, but mostly from the backbenches.

Sure, but if those "rebel" MPs who are desperately hoping for a return to the status quo where they get rid of the difficult beardy man and go back to awarding themselves career points in a Westminster bubble think that Corbyn is the main problem they've got one hell of a shock coming. Corbyn's lacklustre campaigning didn't help the remain campaign but it's not why Labour failed to get their vote out. And if Labour MPs don't recognise that they WILL get wiped out in the next election - UKIP or UKIP2 will do to them in the North and the regions what the SNP did to them in Scotland, because there's  whole swathes of (ex)Labour voters who were sold down the river by Blair and his acolytes and they are fucking furious about it, and that is why many of them chose to kick the whole political class up the arse last week.

Sadly it looks like the PLP STILL hasn't noticed that, and plans on sticking it's head up it's arse and blaming it all on Corbyn. He isn't helping but there is a far deeper rot in Labour's support which started under the reign of many of those braying most loudly for a return to business as usual. Those MPs must take 90% of the blame for the tidal wive that's about to hit them that they seem so blissfully unaware of.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 18:59:18 »

Carney is now saying, a cut in interest rates is necessary, presumably to take the rate into negative territory.  Now I'm no economist, but this seems like a bad idea.

A rate cut would hit savers.

Guess which age group tends to have the most savings...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #579 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 19:35:29 »

Today's massive facepalm launch of the anti-Semitism report (and his whole handling of that) suggests you may have a point :)Sure, but if those "rebel" MPs who are desperately hoping for a return to the status quo where they get rid of the difficult beardy man and go back to awarding themselves career points in a Westminster bubble think that Corbyn is the main problem they've got one hell of a shock coming. Corbyn's lacklustre campaigning didn't help the remain campaign but it's not why Labour failed to get their vote out. And if Labour MPs don't recognise that they WILL get wiped out in the next election - UKIP or UKIP2 will do to them in the North and the regions what the SNP did to them in Scotland, because there's  whole swathes of (ex)Labour voters who were sold down the river by Blair and his acolytes and they are fucking furious about it, and that is why many of them chose to kick the whole political class up the arse last week.

Sadly it looks like the PLP STILL hasn't noticed that, and plans on sticking it's head up it's arse and blaming it all on Corbyn. He isn't helping but there is a far deeper rot in Labour's support which started under the reign of many of those braying most loudly for a return to business as usual. Those MPs must take 90% of the blame for the tidal wive that's about to hit them that they seem so blissfully unaware of.

As I said to you earlier:

The Scots backed remain 64%
Labour voters backed remain 63%

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 20:28:07 »

In a poll of approx 12,000 people
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Thursday, June 30, 2016, 23:39:32 »

A rate cut would hit savers.

Guess which age group tends to have the most savings...

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #582 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 07:27:07 »

In a poll of approx 12,000 people

That's how polls work mate
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 08:23:45 »

As I said to you earlier:

The Scots backed remain 64%
Labour voters backed remain 63%

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/
Lovely. Labour's core support are deserting them in droves and have been for a decade due to exactly the kind of complacency and taking them for granted that we've seen in Westminster over the past few days. I'm no fan of Corbyn's by any means but he's achieved something none of those looking to oust him have - re-engage with the grassroots. If the PLP kick him out, many will see that as a further betrayal.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #584 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 08:35:26 »

Lovely. Labour's core support are deserting them in droves and have been for a decade due to exactly the kind of complacency and taking them for granted that we've seen in Westminster over the past few days. I'm no fan of Corbyn's by any means but he's achieved something none of those looking to oust him have - re-engage with the grassroots. If the PLP kick him out, many will see that as a further betrayal.

The only question is whether he can beat the Torys or not. The grassroot support is unwavering
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: