Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BT Broadband are utter shite, looking for new provider  (Read 22474 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, July 5, 2016, 11:15:44 »

It's very rare to find someone in an organisation like BT that wants to actually help you. Most of them just have a "It's not my problem mate, I just work here" attitude.

BT run with lots of temps on the helpdesks. I worked there for a couple of weeks years ago, it was godawful, you had to put your hand up for the toilet, and they'd time you. The managements main form of entertainment was to fire the person who took the least calls in a day, they would do that every day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 08:43:08 »

So, yesterday morning had a call from a very helpful guy in BT's complaints escalation dept (or something similar to that) who was able to tell me that the part had been delivered, fitted and as a result our broadband would now be working. It will come as no surprise to anyone who's followed this (and certainly didn't to me) that when I got home, broadband was still deader than the proverbial dodo. Although it did apparently come as a surprise to the helpful guy who rang me as arranged after I'd got home to (he thought) resolve any remaining issues and look to start wrapping it up. Ha ha, no chance mate, we're in our second month of this now and no sign of it being fixed any time soon. He sounded a bit shocked, promised to find out what has happened and call me back today.

Given the track record on this, with repeated lies about parts having been delivered when it later transpired they hadn't even been ordered etc, wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to find that the part hasn't been fitted at all and Openreach just closed the service ticket without doing the work. Who knows? Who cares? Not BT, they're still happily raking in my £60 p/m for a service they're abjectly failing to provide as we now roll into our second month without broadband.

BT Infinity - because that's how long they take to fix things.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #47 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 09:52:34 »

BT Infinity - because that's how long they take to fix things.

Post that on their twitter 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 12:49:49 »

wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to find that the part hasn't been fitted at all and Openreach just closed the service ticket without doing the work.

Muy money is on the job being done but the fault being something else..

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 13:29:39 »

I would bet everything I own that this issue would have been dealt with just as badly with any of the other providers using that line. They're all useless when things go wrong.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 13:44:24 »

I would bet everything I own that this issue would have been dealt with just as badly with any of the other providers using that line. They're all useless when things go wrong.
You'd lose everything you own then. Much of the problem over the past couple of weeks has been caused by Openreach, but even BT have admitted that they made a complete fuck up of the first 3 weeks. I'm now dealing with one of their complaints handlers and he's mortified by how badly they've fucked this up. Yes, most of the big providers aren't great at handling problems, but "they're all as bad as each other" might cut it for a fault lasting a couple of weeks, this is now entering the second month and still no sign of resolution. In that time I've been fobbed off, lied to and insulted. And up until the last two weeks they weren't even trying to get it fixed. Even the BT guy thinks they've been appalling.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 13:54:14 »

I wouldn't. I had a very similar issue to you with talk talk. The customer service(or lack of) you're getting is almost identical in fact.
I was more fortunate in that openreach resolved my issues once I upgraded to fibre(they found the problems in the line I'd continually been fobbed off about) having had issues until then for years.
I don't think sky, talk talk etc would have been any better than bt in your case.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, July 8, 2016, 14:05:11 »

By reputation, talktalk are the only other provider I'd expect to be as bad. Everyone I know who's had an issue with sky seems to have been quite pleased with the customer service. I used to be with Plusnet and they were OK at resolving problems, even when openreach were being shit. So I'm not trying to gainsay your own poor experience with TalkTalk, as I say by reputation I find that more than credible, but I'd still take issue that any other provider would have been just as bad.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 08:44:59 »

Finally, after over a month, after countless hours wasted, many lies told (and yes, some of them were outright lies, not just "things that turned out not to be true", although there was plenty of that too), misdirection, requests being lost, parts not being ordered etc etc we finally have a working broadband connection. For now.

Started working again last night, I'm still quite prepared to get home to find it's broken again but at least for last night, we were able to connect to the Internet, my lad fired up his Xbox to play with his mates and the missus was able to watch all of her series on catchup.

Still rates as worst customer service I've ever experienced anywhere and now need to think whether I want to continue to hand over best part of 60 quid a month of my hard-earned to an organisation that (in the main) treated me with contempt. Probably a decision best left till next week when I might have calmed down a bit and will have some idea if the connection has actually stayed up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 08:54:54 »

Got a feeling I'm about to go the same way with Scottish Gas/Energy.

Just switching to them from SSE. Did all the gubbins online and have since received 4 emails from them welcoming me to Scottish and then another 4 saying sorry to hear you've cancelled.

I haven't a clue whether I'm with them now or not.

I blame the Scottish fishwife.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 12:38:09 »

Power companies in general..first utility in this case I think

Power company in winter: You aren't paying enough on your direct debit, we're upping it by £40
Us: OK, but it always goes into credit in summer. Do you average it over a year?
Power Company: We'll monitor it and up it in the meantime

July: Obvious by September we are going to be in massive credit more than making up the winter shortfall
Power Company:

Now we could just demand a refund. But I suspect come December the whole cycle will just start again...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 21:03:36 »

Thought it was too good to be true: stayed up for 2 weeks, been down again for past 24 hours. Dead as a dodo, no-one answering customer services number after on hold for over an hour, no response from @BTDontGiveAFlyingFuck twitter, no reply from the customer escalation team email I was given last time. Just cancelled my direct debit they can fucking whistle if they think they're getting another penny out of me.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 21:16:27 »

Have you thought of referring to the regulator?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 21:28:31 »

Have you thought of referring to the regulator?
No, what's the point? They've had years to improve the service and it's only got worse. The connection's shit, the customer service is worse and they charge an arm and a leg. Whereas we've had the nice new 4G lot on trial for the past couple of weeks and the connection's 3 times as fast, it costs less than half what we pay BT (not least because we don't have to pay for a landline we don't use) and when we encountered some initial teething problems, the customer service was excellent. It's a genuine no-brainer.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 21:30:55 »

Fine. The free market is your friend then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: