Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BT Broadband are utter shite, looking for new provider  (Read 22475 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 16, 2016, 17:53:03 »

Conversley i am regretting leaving BT.i changed to utility warehouse,or utility shithouse as i now call them,and its rubbish

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 17, 2016, 12:32:24 »

Conversley i am regretting leaving BT.i changed to utility warehouse,or utility shithouse as i now call them,and its rubbish

I used them a few years ago, fucking dreadful. Cheap but for good reason!

Sky get a lot of stick but I've never had any issue with them at all, probably the best broadband provider I've ever had actually!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:11:32 »

So, over 2 weeks after we first reported a fault, BT have finally admitted that they've just not bothered looking at this for the last week and a half and that all the customer services reps who'd been assuring me that they were working on this, it had been prioritised etc etc were just lying. Not a big surprise as they were provably lying about pretty much everything else. Finally spoken to someone who has actually bothered to check what was happening and we now have an engineer booked to come out at the end of next week. So, only the best part of four weeks without broadband (even assuming they manage to fix it then). Really terrible service, only matched by the appalling customer service who have been the worst I have ever dealt with. Will be getting rid ASAP.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:17:08 »

That is shit. Very shit.

Still not (old school) NTL shit mind, at least you got some service reps to lie to you Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:23:11 »

I'm no longer with BT but when I had problems with them in the past, by far and away the quickest way to get things resolved was to contact them via their Twitter: https://twitter.com/BTCare

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:29:53 »

I'm no longer with BT but when I had problems with them in the past, by far and away the quickest way to get things resolved was to contact them via their Twitter: https://twitter.com/BTCare

Tried that a week ago. They started off helpful, then reverted to same old stonewalling/lying as the customer services lot. What finally got this moving was posting a message on their forum, the mods are UK-based BT employees who seemingly:
a) can get an answer out of openreach
b) recognise that lying to customers isn't a great way to keep them as customers

They have been great tbf, but too little too late to keep me. I'm more off than an off thing

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:30:09 »

They're all shit and lie when things go wrong. If they sort it out I'd be inclined to kick up a fuss to get some sort of compensation but would stay with them. It's generally how I do things and it gets some decent money off as well as an eventual resolution to problems.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:32:29 »

They're all shit and lie when things go wrong. If they sort it out I'd be inclined to kick up a fuss to get some sort of compensation but would stay with them. It's generally how I do things and it gets some decent money off as well as an eventual resolution to problems.
See your point and if this had gone on for a week, would be inclined to agree. But it will be nearly four weeks before it gets fixed at best (and that's if the engineer actually turns up and manages to fix it same day), the broadband is pretty shit and very unreliable even when it does work and it costs double what I could pay for an alternative that (allegedly) is twice as fast. So they can do one.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 20:56:35 »

One of my customers (who's a GP, so far from 'common denominator' stupid) complained about her BT line being slow, so I went and took a variety of speedtest readings over a variety of dates. Her average speed was 0.18mbps. Nope, I haven't misplaced that decimal point. I immediately thought it was a bit suspicious, hence why I came back to check again and again. Obviously encouraged her to complain immediately when I took the first reading, but BT did squat all about (blaming it on 'High Traffic locally' which was arseguff as it was the average over different times and days). When I asked her how much she was paying she said over £100 a month. I asked to look at her bill and, yes, the cunts were charging her over £120 a month for a phone line and standard ADSL broadband with a quoted "minimum speed" of 4mbps (verified from 2 sources, 1 within BT and 1 from Openreach). She's currently going through the process of claiming back 8 months worth of bills from them as we finally got hold of a direct telephone number to someone within BT who can actually do something about it. Turns out the all out arsefuckery uselessness of the company surrounds the decent employees (most of which work in Swansea apparently) like a wall and if you can break through you're ok.

TLDR - BT are cunts who (generally) don't give a fuck about their customers and will charge you whenever possible for anything they can and above market price too because who's going to stop them? Avoid.

PlusNet are generally great, but TalkTalk keep fucking up something dreadful so whilst their prices are typically the cheapest I would avoid.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 21:08:04 »

Plusnet are good. BUT charge you £30 to leave even if your contract has expired.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 21:46:07 »

Ironic thing is that everyone, whatever provider uses BT infrastructure somewhere, hence they are all shit.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 21:49:31 »

Sky get a lot of stick but I've never had any issue with them at all, probably the best broadband provider I've ever had actually!

This. I've had no problems. I previously spent so many confusing, frustrating, in fact downright depressing afternoons on the phone with Talk Talk.
And that's not even mentioning the broadband company.

French

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 12:59:05 »

I know it's not possible for PaulD, but if anyone does consider Virgin Media then go with them, as it's the best broadband by a mile. Here's the speed test I did moments ago; the ping isn't great because this was via a second wifi router used as a wireless bridge.

My VM package is for a 200Mbps connection. I don't need it to be that fast but it worked out as a better deal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 13:11:52 »

I have to admit I love BT broadband, we have never had any problems with it and no probs with customer support either, even though we are semi rural location we never get less than 70mb download speed.

We were with AOL, Talk Talk and Sky and they were all very poor in comparison.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 11:27:59 »

So quick update (TLDR: no it's still not fixed, more staggering incompetence - nearing a month now).

This morning we had a visit from the Lesser Spotted Openreach Engineer. He confirmed it was a problem in the cabinet (contrary to the many and varied lies we've been told by Customer Services over the last few weeks) and was flabbergasted it still hadn't been fixed as he worked on the same problem 3 weeks ago. He was utterly mortified that we'd just been abandoned. Ah well, all good because at least now he was here and it was all about to be sorted. Nope. There's a part needed apparently to fix the issue in the cabinet, and although it was supposed to have been ordered to coincide with his visit (or even before), it's not arrived.

Hopefully, maybe, possibly, it might arrive next week. We're going to be looking at a month without broadband at this rate.

Worst customer service I've ever experienced. By a distance. And I've flown with RyanAir and my local authority is Swindon Borough Council.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: