Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England V Wales - Will You Be Working Or Watching?  (Read 56702 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 23:47:13 »

I do know, for a fact, that Fred Titmus had heard the song. He wasn't overly impressed.

That's a shame...because it's a paeon to the man. A lasting memory being Fred brought back to face Lillee and Thomson in 74/75 aged about 44. In for his bowling, but scored 61. Thomson was in his prime as quick as anyone ever....this was at Perth always a quick pitch. It was the game where Bumble famously got felled by Thomson right in the nads
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 23:56:07 »

When fast bowlers were fast. Who was the last real great real fast bowler Donald? I cant think of anyone else.  They only really did the speed gun after all the real greats were dwindling or gone. Waquar as I type may be later.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:03:13 »

Not even man of the people Robbie Savage? 😁

I've said this before but I used to work with Robbie Savage's dad Colin - he was a seamer engineer based in Wantage.
He was from Worcester, as English as roast beef, and a very nice guy.
There was no hint of Welsh whatsoever.

So Robbie falls into the Vinnie category, of earthing up some distant welshness

He even speaks with a sort of Welsh accent now.

Colin Savage - complete gentleman
Robbie Savage..................fucks sake
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 00:11:28 »

When fast bowlers were fast. Who was the last real great real fast bowler Donald? I cant think of anyone else.  They only really did the speed gun after all the real greats were dwindling or gone. Waquar as I type may be later.

Despite being a Convict, always had a bit of time for Brett Lee.

One of the great things about cricket is there seems to a natural limit on how quick you can be without chucking. I'm sure the likes of Larwood were as quick as Lee. Bowl full on quick and , mostly you've a short shelf life....Frank "Typhoon" Tyson being a classic example, yet he won us an Ashes in 54/55. This despite having been knocked unconscious by typically distasteful Convict ignoring of the "fast bowlers" union
Barry Scott

« Reply #349 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 16:20:40 »

I've said this before but I used to work with Robbie Savage's dad Colin - he was a seamer engineer based in Wantage.
He was from Worcester, as English as roast beef, and a very nice guy.
There was no hint of Welsh whatsoever.

So Robbie falls into the Vinnie category, of earthing up some distant welshness

He even speaks with a sort of Welsh accent now.

Colin Savage - complete gentleman
Robbie Savage..................fucks sake

I'm guessing being born there and spending the first 17 years of his life in Wales doesn't make him Welsh or explain his accent then?

I suppose Wikipedia could be lying, but it seems a bit of a stretch - after all, apart from Sippo, who the fuck wants to be Welsh? (He says with a wry smile, being half Welsh.)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 16:31:22 »

who the fuck wants to be Welsh? (He says with a wry smile, being half Welsh.)

Well all those slave traders are trying not to be Welsh, but in fairness they are close enough to count as 1/2 taff anyway
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #351 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 16:42:41 »

Well all those slave traders are trying not to be Welsh, but in fairness they are close enough to count as 1/2 taff anyway
As I keep telling my Bristol Shitty supporting mates, which seems to infuriate them rather a lot Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 16:45:05 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 16:47:00 »

As I keep telling my Bristol Shutty supporting mates, which seems to infuriate them rather a lot Smiley

Bristol City fans clearly aren't Welsh. I mean Welsh people are odd, speak in a funny voice and have a strange sense of pride and entitlement that doesn't match their achievement  Hmmm

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Barry Scott

« Reply #353 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 22:13:02 »

I used to have a few friends from Bristol and calling them Welsh and/or Bumpkins used to make them get a bit defensive - especially when they knew you were from Swindon. Fishing.

"Ere bloke, e levs en ah gurt cosumupoleetun sety, no ways I be a bompken, arrr wun o thums sheep shaggurrrrrhs."
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 07:19:26 »

who the fuck wants to be Welsh? (He says with a wry smile, being half Welsh.)

Because it's fashionable.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #355 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 08:22:45 »

"Ere bloke, e levs en ah gurt cosumupoleetun sety, no ways I be a bompken, arrr wun o thums sheep shaggurrrrrhs."
That is EXACTLY how my shitty supporting mates sound, but then thats Brizzle crossed with Zumerzet for you!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: