Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vodafone price hikes - leave contract early  (Read 16685 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 11:07:01 »

Off to post my letter.

I supidly upgraded to the iphone 6s on day of release which put my monthly bill up to 60 off quid, once i added extra roaming etc. Soon regretted that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 15:02:49 »

I've not had any text about this. I'd love to end my contract early. Does that mean i would have to give the phone back?

Good job you got the text because you can't leave a contract early unless you cancel in the cooling off period.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 15:21:37 »

Good job you got the text because you can't leave a contract early unless you cancel in the cooling off period.
I love how they have been so vague in the speil. "If you want to cancel, write to us" No mention of what to include. No option to email or call. They're hoping people wont bother i guess.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 16, 2016, 18:03:33 »

Got a text today saying my contract will stop in 30 days. No questions asked. No phone call to try and keep me, nothing. They don't even want the phone back. I've only had it 6 months. Result.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 07:23:26 »

Got a text today saying my contract will stop in 30 days. No questions asked. No phone call to try and keep me, nothing. They don't even want the phone back. I've only had it 6 months. Result.

What did your letter say?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 17, 2016, 19:00:34 »

What did your letter say?
Just said that due to the prices increase would like to exercise my right to cancel my contract. left my phone number and that's pretty much it. It was literally 1 line of text plus my contact details.
simple as that.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 10:43:47 »

Think I may have missed this, is it worth sending today and backdating the date I sent the letter to Friday?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 10:47:08 »

Think I may have missed this, is it worth sending today and backdating the date I sent the letter to Friday?

You have missed the cut off, but theres not harm in trying. Royal Mail loosing the letter is a feasable excuse :-)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:06:06 »

Did you receive the3 text on 15th June? Some people received it later - it's 30 days from when you received the text

I sent my letter off on the 9th July but I'm yet to hear back so I'm probably going to phone up today or tomorrow
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:09:28 »

Did you receive the3 text on 15th June? Some people received it later - it's 30 days from when you received the text

I sent my letter off on the 9th July but I'm yet to hear back so I'm probably going to phone up today or tomorrow

I sent mine on the 6th and got a reply on Saturday. So i guess you should hear in the next day or so Si
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:15:15 »

Just need to decided what to do now.
Sell my 6s and get a new cheaper contract or just go sim free.
Being a high data user (my wifi at home is shit so tent to use 4G to stream BT Sports and Sky Sports) there is no much difference in going sim free or a contract with a new phone and sell one of the phones.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:25:41 »

Just need to decided what to do now.
Sell my 6s and get a new cheaper contract or just go sim free.
Being a high data user (my wifi at home is shit so tent to use 4G to stream BT Sports and Sky Sports) there is no much difference in going sim free or a contract with a new phone and sell one of the phones.

All you can eat data sim only deals on Three are probably what you should look at and these are cheaper than plans with mobile phones.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:33:25 »

All you can eat data sim only deals on Three are probably what you should look at and these are cheaper than plans with mobile phones.
they have some good deal but aren't they notoriously shit?

Giff gaff, like you mentioned to me before have Unlimited everything for 20 a month, which isn't bad.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 11:57:00 »

they have some good deal but aren't they notoriously shit?

Giff gaff, like you mentioned to me before have Unlimited everything for 20 a month, which isn't bad.

How much are you using per month? I'd imagine a fair amount for streaming? You'd be better off sorting out your broadband too, a speed of 6-8MBps should be fine for HD streaming.

GiffGaff has a traffic flow policy after 6GB.

Quote from: GiffGaff
We are now contacting members who are using a goodybag with an Always On data allowance and who have been identified as using the network in a way which impacts other members, consistently over a period of time. We are sending them an email to explain this policy, and offer advice on how to reduce their impact on other members.

Where members are either not able or not willing to change a behaviour which impacts the data experience on giffgaff, we have a responsibility to make the situation fairer and protect the vast majority of members. This is particularly true at giffgaff, where we have been built on the principles of fairness and mutual giving.

For this reason, when reaching the end of their current goodybag, members who have been warned but not modified their behaviour, will be prevented from repurchasing an Always On data goodybag in the future.

Importantly, members with an Always On goodybag will never see their allowance removed from them and there is no limit to the amount of data that one of these members can use. A member is only contacted if their specific usage pattern is impacting the service of other members, not when they reach a given volume of data.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 18, 2016, 12:11:53 »

How much are you using per month? I'd imagine a fair amount for streaming? You'd be better off sorting out your broadband too, a speed of 6-8MBps should be fine for HD streaming.

GiffGaff has a traffic flow policy after 6GB.

I can't get fibre in my area. I get 4Mbps if im lucky.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: