Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vodafone price hikes - leave contract early  (Read 16784 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 12:41:13 »

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/priceupdate-july-2016-paym-3/

Looks like Vodafone are hiking up prices soon and significantly. If you get a text from them you can cancel within 30 days:

You have to wait for the text to arrive before you can cancel but worth checking in case you have forgotten about or ignored it:

We hope you’ll stay with us, but as these changes will increase your monthly bill by more than the Retail Price Index (RPI), currently 1.3%, you’re entitled to end your agreement without charge.

If you want to do this, please write to us within 30 days of receiving your text notification message at:

Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN

This information only applies if you received a text from us directing you here. If you’ve received this information from anyone else, the details here don’t apply to you
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 12:43:48 »

BT did similar to me recently, it's well worth knowing that if you're in a contract and the other party raise their prices you have a right to leave - certainly in my case, ringing them up and mentioning that you're going to do just that leads to you getting a discount beyond what you were paying to start with: they're just banking on enough people not bothering and taking it on the chin.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 12:45:40 »

I had this text but dismissed it as I don't use my phone abroad. I thought it was to do with data roaming and out of bundle charges which shouldn't affect me.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 12:47:34 by Arriba » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 12:49:26 »

You can leave if the increases are above RPI%

Out of bundle UK charges are going up massively 10p a minute, texts up to 35p (from 18p) etc.

Have a look at the link Arriba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 12:57:24 »

Yeah I've looked. As I don't exceed my package each month or have roaming charges I don't pay extras on top of my bill so it shouldn't affect me. Unless I'm missing something.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 13:02:37 »

It might not cause your personal bill to rise, but it's an opportunity to leave your contract early nonetheless.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 13:11:56 »

Handy to know if you want out of your contract I suppose. I'll show this to the Mrs as she could benefit from it. I'm happy enough as I'm on a SIM only contract and never exceed my bundle.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 14:02:48 »

Hmm, my missus got a text but the link to the Vodafone website doesn't include the paragraph about ending the contract early.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 14:13:38 »

Doesn't really affect me as just on a monthly bundle and never go beyond what I get through the bundle.

However my deal is coming to an end and the prices everywhere seem to have shot up, presently paying c.£31 a month and get unlimited free calls and texts to all numbers and a little data and nothing I can see seems close to that, completely footloose as Vodafone coverage is crap in Cumbria but we shall see what I can find?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 15:11:43 »

Doesn't really affect me as just on a monthly bundle and never go beyond what I get through the bundle.

However my deal is coming to an end and the prices everywhere seem to have shot up, presently paying c.£31 a month and get unlimited free calls and texts to all numbers and a little data and nothing I can see seems close to that, completely footloose as Vodafone coverage is crap in Cumbria but we shall see what I can find?

Looked at Giff Gaff?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 15:17:30 »

So apparently some people get a different link and you don't get to cancel. I guess if you never go outside your bundle.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 15:23:26 »

Looked at Giff Gaff?

I will have a look, as I am a complete luddite on such matters I presently have a Galaxy S4 mini looking for something similar size (it has to go in my trouser pocket!) but better (if possible going forward) any suggestions?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 15:39:07 »

I will have a look, as I am a complete luddite on such matters I presently have a Galaxy S4 mini looking for something similar size (it has to go in my trouser pocket!) but better (if possible going forward) any suggestions?

Sony Xperia Z5 compact. Shop around you should be able to pick it up for under £35 p/m I would expect
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 10:48:43 »

I've not had any text about this. I'd love to end my contract early. Does that mean i would have to give the phone back?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 10:50:00 »

Actually, just went back though my texts, i did get it.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: