Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England team v Russia  (Read 28700 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 19:57:40 »

If we hold on for another 30 seconds then the headlines would be about what a fantastic performance it was. The late equaliser has seemed to mask the fact that it was one of best England performances I have seen for many years and the movement and passing was at times brilliant. Should have won by a distance. We are and will be a match for any team in this tournament
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 20:07:18 »

If we hold on for another 30 seconds then the headlines would be about what a fantastic performance it was. The late equaliser has seemed to mask the fact that it was one of best England performances I have seen for many years and the movement and passing was at times brilliant. Should have won by a distance. We are and will be a match for any team in this tournament

We played well but let's not go overboard, Russia were fucking dismal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 20:10:22 »

We definitely played well and was enjoyable to see, promising for future  games. Russia were shite though and Sterling offered very little and was the weak link for me

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 20:11:22 »

Hahaha. Tell us another one, please.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 20:50:59 »

Hahaha. Tell us another one, please.

Discuss...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 22:08:43 »

I agree. We've got a great team who could actually win it.

The finishing let us down.....and Sterling who really was shite.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 22:47:30 »

We were good (to an extent) against a distinctly average team.  Not winning is actually a bit of a concern if we really did have any hopes of doing well overall (we should be considering firing squads if we fail get out of the group in this new format).  If we can't break these guys down, and still find ourselves caught out by sucker punches in defence, then better teams will deal with us.

Sterling will do well to be an International class player in a few years if he keeps up his rate of decline.  Maybe another player who had his best times on breaking into the pro game, due to being a little different and having some pace.  Both qualities will and have been worked out.  Currently I have going down the Lennon, Dyer, Pennant route.  Only a series of injuries should see him play again in this tournament after that performance.  Better to give someone like Vardy a go and utilise the lack of knowledge factor with opposition teams.  It does beg the question how we got here without figuring out how we were going to set-up, we've had two years in an easy group to prep.

Still think we'll reach the Quarters before limply losing.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 23:26:18 »

We were good (to an extent) against a distinctly average team.  Not winning is actually a bit of a concern if we really did have any hopes of doing well overall (we should be considering firing squads if we fail get out of the group in this new format).  If we can't break these guys down, and still find ourselves caught out by sucker punches in defence, then better teams will deal with us.

Sterling will do well to be an International class player in a few years if he keeps up his rate of decline.  Maybe another player who had his best times on breaking into the pro game, due to being a little different and having some pace.  Both qualities will and have been worked out.  Currently I have going down the Lennon, Dyer, Pennant route.  Only a series of injuries should see him play again in this tournament after that performance.  Better to give someone like Vardy a go and utilise the lack of knowledge factor with opposition teams.  It does beg the question how we got here without figuring out how we were going to set-up, we've had two years in an easy group to prep.

Still think we'll reach the Quarters before limply losing.

We wont beat Wales, we should, but we wont, we may beat Slovakia and just squeeze through. Haven't seen the draw, but we'll probably then go out to Germany/France, even though neither of those are brilliant either. We probably have been the best team so far, but counts for crap if you cant beat a bad side.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, June 12, 2016, 23:59:18 »

We wont beat Wales, we should, but we wont, we may beat Slovakia and just squeeze through.

Has someone put some Reg pills in Wiltshire water or what? We looked better than we have done for a long time, just enjoy it. Wales managed to beat one of the few countries that has a smaller population than they do, woo them. We've got the toughest game in the group out the way.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 00:02:54 »

Not in Wiltshire Wink Anyway I've about 20 tournaments to base my opinions on. It will all end in depression as it always does, steel yourself!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 07:15:16 »

Has someone put some Reg pills in Wiltshire water or what? We looked better than we have done for a long time, just enjoy it. Wales managed to beat one of the few countries that has a smaller population than they do, woo them. We've got the toughest game in the group out the way.
To be honest Slovakia looked alright and could have troubled Wales more had they concentrated on playing football rather than trying to kick anything that moved, Russia were woeful which rather contradicts the argument that large population some bearing on team quality.

When you say look better than we have for a long time I assume you didn't see the Germany game where we looked better than we did against Russia and added the ability to take chances to our game.

I think the Wales England game will come down to which team bottles it?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 07:35:11 »

Yeah I thought Slovakia looked half decent,better than Russia,who,apart from n Ireland,are the worst team so far

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 08:13:29 »

Watching England down the years ( along with STFC) you just know in a situation like Saturday a daft last minute equaliser is going to happen.

It's about game management etc. Take the Hun, very similar situation to us last night, but they score in the last minute.

I said before getting out of the group should be doable given only 8 teams go out of 24, but that it won't be easy.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 08:15:46 »

Yeah I thought Slovakia looked half decent,better than Russia,who,apart from n Ireland,are the worst team so far

Northern Ireland struggle by only having 11 men on the pitch, if they could keep 9 men behind the ball and have a couple of extra to allow the occasional attack they would be great
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 08:41:10 »

I thought both Slovakia and Wales looked average, but a lot better than Russia who on another day we would have spanked. Slovakia generally dealt with Bale quite well and Skrtel is like a much more polished Branco. The most notable thing about Slovakia was how many mohawks they had!

We should beat both. Key word should.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: