Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: lee power - do you want him here or not  (Read 11212 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 18:27:11 »

Hi. As a regular forum watcher not poster and a devoted town fan of 40+years, I would be interested in a yes/no answer to the following question: do you want Lee Power to stay as our owner? My view is yes I would, based on the positives of contacts within game, talent spotting, style of play and  player development outweighing the media ban -other than BBC WILTS - and lack of transparency with the accounts and finances in general. Appreciate it is far from clear cut in most fans minds but based on the current position and possible other options - trust ownership? - what are your views?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 18:32:05 »

Personally I'd like someone who is absolutely loaded, is a Swindon fan at heart, and would throw money at it without wanting any return.

On the basis that is about as easy to find as rocking horse shit I'd say that Power is a better bet than the alternatives we have. (Think Oyston, the head cases at Charlton & Leeds or Jed again.)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 18:43:28 »

Power isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

But he isnt perfect.

Truth is, as a Town we don't really get behind the club and don't really deserve much more than third level Football. If Power keeps us as a steady ship that can keep going then fair play to him. I'd love us to have an ambitious chairman who tries to take us forward but really, he'd be a fool.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 18:50:01 »

Personally I'd like someone who is absolutely loaded, is a Swindon fan at heart, and would throw money at it without wanting any return.

On the basis that is about as easy to find as rocking horse shit I'd say that Power is a better bet than the alternatives we have. (Think Oyston, the head cases at Charlton & Leeds or Jed again.)

What was wrong with Jed?

He was loaded and was a man of the people. Great times when he was here.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 18:56:54 »

Don't much like the bloke from the little I've seen. I have (baseless) reservations about the guy.

But as Posh said there aren't too many mega wealthy owners wanting to bankroll us - so the sustainability model is the only way available.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 19:23:22 »

This really. Plus i think everyone forgets how scary it was when some of the previous boards have almost sent us to the knackers yard. I didnt think solvency and working to a budget would be so un thrilling !
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 21:12:22 »

No.
 he seems like a cockney spiv and Swindon, really doesn't need another London wide boy here.
I don't like him, I don't like Luke Warm and I don't like their brand of airy fairy, girly, after you no after you Claude, kind of football.

Nothing personal though as I've never met the guy. I'm sure in his breast lay a heart of pure gold.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 21:24:41 »

No.
 he seems like a cockney spiv and Swindon, really doesn't need another London wide boy here.
I don't like him, I don't like Luke Warm and I don't like their brand of airy fairy, girly, after you no after you Claude, kind of football.

Nothing personal though as I've never met the guy. I'm sure in his breast lay a heart of pure gold.

Clearly...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 21:31:24 »

Yes. Best chairman we've had in the last 10 years.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 21:47:32 »

My old man said on Saturday during a real ale beer session....'well at l least you have a stable club to follow'.

That's it....my entire fucking highlight...

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 22:12:20 »

No.

Spiv?! How old you? Unfortunately this is the usual childish rhetoric that comes from a lot of the anti camp in any debate on Power, in the absence of facts lets just throw insults at him as that'll convince everyone...

As for Power he's not the best owner but far from the worst. Club appears stable on the surface and he's not making promises he can't deliver like previous boards. Add in the training ground that should hopefully help the clubs player devrlopment and youth system in the long term means I'm reasonably happy.

Ultimately mid table league 1 is our historical position and without a wealthy benefactor it is where we will spend most of our time. With the the continued large losses made by other clubs to do this whilst breaking even shouldn't be sniffed at.
Many might not like this reality but it beats the alternative of going back to financial meltdown after financial meltdown. Maybe one day we may get a wealthy benefactor the in the mean time the club needs to remain in existence and operating at a sustainable level should at the very least ensure that.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 22:18:49 »

I like him.

What a lot of anti Power people want (with the obvious I know it's not all of them) is the stuff of fairy tales. I think he's doing fine.

And I really don't give a fuck about the Adver. If that's the worst thing then we're doing alright, really.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 22:19:04 »

Clearly...

Grin
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 22:21:55 »

My old man said on Saturday during a real ale beer session....'well at l least you have a stable club to follow'.

That's it....my entire fucking highlight...

Don't knock it. It's like your boiler - you'll only think about it when it's knackered.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 06:40:05 »

I don't like Luke Warm.

Can the mods create an auto-correct that changes Luke Warm to I'm A Knob or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: