Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Three Coaches Depart  (Read 25763 times)
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 13:54:35 »

Coaches are like buses, suddenly three depart at once.

Considering everyone was moaning about fitness last season I am not sure of the upset that a fitness coach has left, equally as noted Lindsey had been promoted and again that makes sense in career progression. In terms of Hale who knows, he seemed very good at working with keepers who were nearly there (Fodders, Vigorous) but less good at polishing a turd (Belford - that's a little unfair I know) - at this level its more likely to be the latter, in terms of the young lad who appeared at season end had he even been training with the first team for anytime so not sure how much Hale can be credited with that? so I am sure we will find someone else?

Can we just move on from Cooper, I think he got lucky here as he had a win win situation whereby if it was going well he could bask in the plaudits that he was a super manager and when it went badly he could play the 'I am side-lined and don't pick the team' card which was grasped by many who dislike Power and thus led to Cooper getting the mystique that he seems to enjoy. Thus we have little idea how good a manager he actually its, his post Swindon record seems to be reflecting his pre-Swindon record whilst his moaning and griping would suggest he is also very high maintenance but we shall see how he does on his own, its not really our problem anymore is it?

I mentioned previously, the fitness coach was from the academy not the first team so would have been a step up for him working at senior level. Scott Lindsay similar, a step up from youth team football to senior football. Hale worked with all of the goalkeepers at the club so that includes Henry.

As for Cooper, I thought he was alright generally but its a shame these stories are coming out now, I dont see the point really, its in the past and best for both parties to move on

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 14:26:21 »

Always enjoyed reading delta's posts. Another goodun had enough then.
He had this right as well in my opinion.
I really don't get worked up about it anymore and hale in particular is a bellend but it's obvious what's going on.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 14:35:26 by Arriba » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:06:53 »

Always enjoyed reading delta's posts. Another goodun had enough then.
He had this right as well in my opinion.
I really don't get worked up about it anymore and hale in particular is a bellend but it's obvious what's going on.

Hang on. What's going on is perfectly summed up in the post above. Just finished reading the Nowhere Men, great insight into loyalty and security in football.

This is such a non story for most clubs, yet we need to over analyse, find conspiracies and deduce hyper pessimistic conclusion based on two u18 staff leaving for longer contracts in a senior setup, and our gk coach moving for a better contract with a close ally. FGR are spunking cash, and success will be irrelevant of the back room staff but they'll all have better salaries and security. Good on them, but indicative of some sort of crisis? Not for me.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:26:09 »

This is such a non story for most clubs, yet we need to over analyse, find conspiracies and deduce hyper pessimistic conclusion based on two u18 staff leaving for longer contracts in a senior setup, and our gk coach moving for a better contract with a close ally. FGR are spunking cash, and success will be irrelevant of the back room staff but they'll all have better salaries and security. Good on them, but indicative of some sort of crisis? Not for me.
[/quote]

Just finished reading that as well,it came as a bit of a shock to find out how little some scouts earn or in some cases don't earn. Mentions for Swift,Pritchard and Boo as well for a bit of Town interest.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:27:37 »

Let's not this get in the way of a good time, eh.

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:29:57 »

Hang on. What's going on is perfectly summed up in the post above. Just finished reading the Nowhere Men, great insight into loyalty and security in football.

Not seen that book. I'll look out for it.

Those coaches leaving are no big losses and won't make any real difference. It's the bigger picture I'm in agreement with Delta on.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:35:53 »

I can't quite believe there's 8 pages-and-counting on this..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:38:44 »

Not seen that book. I'll look out for it.

Those coaches leaving are no big losses and won't make any real difference. It's the bigger picture I'm in agreement with Delta on.
What do you mean by the bigger picture Arriba?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 15:42:42 »

It's the pre pre-season story to get some people in a tizz. Happens most summers.

Alan McLoughlin will probably replace Scott Lindsay.
A Luke Williams contact to fill the void left by Hale.
Some person will replace the other one.

Fade out to credits.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 18:43:22 »

Hang on. What's going on is perfectly summed up in the post above. Just finished reading the Nowhere Men, great insight into loyalty and security in football

I'm reading the Nowhere Men at the moment too. Football scouting sounds such an all-consuming, badly paid but ruthless profession.

I couldn't believe BOO was so highly rated at Arsenal. Best prospect since Ashley Cole. Well time will tell but if I was a scout, I'd be crossing him off my list given most of last season's performances
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 11:56:50 »

It's the pre pre-season story to get some people in a tizz. Happens most summers.

Alan McLoughlin will probably replace Scott Lindsay.
A Luke Williams contact to fill the void left by Hale.
Some person will replace the other one.

Fade out to credits.

You mean a Power contact will replace Hale

The fitness coach worked with the U21's so they will probably have a re-jig of those cone gatherers already at the club

And as said Lindsay will probably be replaced by someone from the CoE

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 6, 2016, 11:58:29 »

What do you mean by the bigger picture Arriba?
Apologies didn't see this yesterday. Basically how Power does things, In a nutshell. Been done to death so won't go over it again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: