Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Three Coaches Depart  (Read 25761 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 08:18:18 »

If things were as bad as Cooper has made out, why did the physio reject the opportunity to leave and go with him?  Perhaps he didn't fancy herbal tea and veggie patties as an after match snack.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 09:28:50 »

Steve Hale went because FGR offered him security.

Can not and will not reveal my sauce, but If any of you were in a job you loved, working for a L1 club and on reasonable money, you'd be fairly happy, yeah?

What if every time your short-term contract was due for renewal though your employer fucked you about, gave you no advance indication as to whether or not it was likely to be renewed again and then failed to come up with anything concrete until the absolute very last possible moment? Would you be happy with that? Would that make you feel secure or wanted?

Couple that with the prospect of working with someone he trusts, like Coops, on a longer term deal - albeit in non league football - it's a no-brainer for him.

Not saying we're doomed, but the fucking writing is on the wall. We treat people like shit. It's why anyone decent won't come here unless they're either desperate, or it's first chance or last chance saloon.

And that's just Steve Hale.

Serious question; what exactly has to happen at stfc for at least some of you to wake the fuck up?

It seems pretty obvious that Power/STFC can't offer some staff decent enough job security (compared with what FGR can offer), and the pensions stuff was pretty shoddy. I wouldn't argue against those and they are valid criticisms of how the club seems to be run. The Adver spat is also tiresome.

However, can you elaborate on the 'why anyone decent won't come here'? Has anyone not come to STFC because of Power's regime?

And, to what extent is 'the writing on the wall'. What do we have to wake up to? I'm not a great fan of Power but I don't know enough to sharpen the pitch fork. Are you suggesting that the existence of the club is seriously at risk, or is it that under Power STFC is just a crap employer and as a result things on the pitch will suffer unless Power sells up?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 09:39:50 »

You're talking to yourself, he huffed off, as we're all poo poo heads..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 09:43:13 »

I think this close season will see which way the club will be heading for the foreseeable future.

I have no problem when any player is sold for appropriate money as long as the intention in replacing them is not just hit and hope with untried players.

I reckon Power knows that many fans will not put up with recruiting from the bargain bucket if players are sold for good money.

Whether he cares or not we will find out soon enough.
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 09:57:35 »

Can not and will not reveal my sauce,

I wonder if it's the same source that said Brophy was leaving.
Flashheart

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 09:58:09 »

RAGE!!!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:09:59 »

I wonder if it's the same source that said Brophy was leaving.
pmsl
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:14:20 »

Coaches are like buses, suddenly three depart at once.

Considering everyone was moaning about fitness last season I am not sure of the upset that a fitness coach has left, equally as noted Lindsey had been promoted and again that makes sense in career progression. In terms of Hale who knows, he seemed very good at working with keepers who were nearly there (Fodders, Vigorous) but less good at polishing a turd (Belford - that's a little unfair I know) - at this level its more likely to be the latter, in terms of the young lad who appeared at season end had he even been training with the first team for anytime so not sure how much Hale can be credited with that? so I am sure we will find someone else?

Can we just move on from Cooper, I think he got lucky here as he had a win win situation whereby if it was going well he could bask in the plaudits that he was a super manager and when it went badly he could play the 'I am side-lined and don't pick the team' card which was grasped by many who dislike Power and thus led to Cooper getting the mystique that he seems to enjoy. Thus we have little idea how good a manager he actually its, his post Swindon record seems to be reflecting his pre-Swindon record whilst his moaning and griping would suggest he is also very high maintenance but we shall see how he does on his own, its not really our problem anymore is it?
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:19:13 by horlock07 » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:19:09 »

Mark Cooper isn't employed by Swindon Town so he has nothing to lose and therefore he can say whatever he likes...

...just like Darren Ward did last year.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13316082.Ward_lavishes_praise_on__incredible__Town_number_two_Williams/
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:23:09 »

I quite like the idea of our club being a ramshackle, slightly shambolic affair.

Against Modern Football! B-)
Flashheart

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:26:14 »

Mark Cooper isn't employed by Swindon Town so he has nothing to lose and therefore he can say whatever he likes...

...just like Darren Ward did last year.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13316082.Ward_lavishes_praise_on__incredible__Town_number_two_Williams/

IIRC Ward was studying for his coaching badges before he left us. With that in  mind, and his relationship with Williams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here in some capacity.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:30:50 »

I quite like the idea of our club being a ramshackle, slightly shambolic affair.

Against Modern Football! B-)
The stadium fits the bill. However, the team bus needs to be a bit more jolly boys' outing charabanc.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:35:40 »

To put things into context FGR have made losses of around £2 million in each of the last 3 seasons so them offering greater security or whatever doesn't overly concern me. As well as the obvious question of what the hell have they been spending their money on it does suggest they pay over the odds. To have lost £6 million over the last 3 years and to still not get promoted is pretty embarrassing.
Reinforces the point that the club is completely reliant on the owner and I'll be surprised if they even exist in 10 years time!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:38:58 »

Coaches are like buses, suddenly three depart at once.

Considering everyone was moaning about fitness last season I am not sure of the upset that a fitness coach has left, equally as noted Lindsey had been promoted and again that makes sense in career progression. In terms of Hale who knows, he seemed very good at working with keepers who were nearly there (Fodders, Vigorous) but less good at polishing a turd (Belford - that's a little unfair I know) - at this level its more likely to be the latter, in terms of the young lad who appeared at season end had he even been training with the first team for anytime so not sure how much Hale can be credited with that? so I am sure we will find someone else?

Can we just move on from Cooper, I think he got lucky here as he had a win win situation whereby if it was going well he could bask in the plaudits that he was a super manager and when it went badly he could play the 'I am side-lined and don't pick the team' card which was grasped by many who dislike Power and thus led to Cooper getting the mystique that he seems to enjoy. Thus we have little idea how good a manager he actually its, his post Swindon record seems to be reflecting his pre-Swindon record whilst his moaning and griping would suggest he is also very high maintenance but we shall see how he does on his own, its not really our problem anymore is it?
good post!  As you say Cooper pre-Swindon was not very good, he got lucky with Power making some very astute signings and Williams and Cooper moulding them into a team.  His managerial stint after Swindon was not exactly successful ("not my team" was one quote) and hsi record at Wembley is now P2 L2 - he was in charge of Forest Green for one week prior to Wembley!!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 10:44:43 »

IIRC Ward was studying for his coaching badges before he left us. With that in  mind, and his relationship with Williams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here in some capacity.

Not a bad shout. Could do a good job at U18 / U20 level, certainly in terms of sorting out health, nutrition and fitness.
37 now, not sure if he's still at Yeovil.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: