Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading 'friendly'  (Read 31597 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 21:29:42 »

My lad had training till 8.30 so we came for the second half. Imagine our surprise when we found that instead of a pre-season friendly we'd inadvertently stumbled into a Champions League qualifier bonus round that propelled the soggybiscuitmen straight into the semi-finals in some sort of Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer style thingummy. No wonder they were excited about their historic victory!

TBF, they probably realise they're in for another shit season and this is as good as it will get for them, so enjoying it while they can!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 22:01:45 »

I forgot it was on until I heard all the Reading fans making a din
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 22:28:29 »

Adver/Saxondale (who I'm not sure wasn't trolling): Rested
BBC Wilts: Minor injury (tight hammy)

No, the youngest was mascot and Beeks was on the bench whilst we took photos.  I asked if he was injured he said no Im being rested tonight.  Im not sure what from to be honest.

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 22:32:16 »

My opinion for what its worth, normal pre season game which the reading contingent took far too seriously.  Usual defensive frailties, nowt up front.

What I will say is for all the shit football we may have to suffer the club does do really well for the youngesters.  We had 3 cousins, 2 girls and 1 boy today and they were made to feel really special. 

Well done to the club but can someone write Phil King some new jokes.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 03:28:32 »

Williams says Obika was 'showing signs of fatigue'

WTF, after 1 game against Supermarine and 45 mins against Shelbourne?

He's off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 06:30:25 »

that's bloody odd to be genuine...

if not off then what - covering something up - long term injury not reported so it didn't look desperate when negotiating with teams/disciplinary/summer pie diet/ summer cider diet Huh?

hmmm.
REDBUCK

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 07:26:52 »

I think the hot weather is getting to some people.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:14:57 »

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133093&sid=2f86f8e57b4ed95078deb0920be113e9&start=20

Some interesting comments on there, taking the piss out of their own "yobs" or being the biscuitmen then maybe they were hobyobs? (although knobs would equally work)

Slating Vigs a lot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:16:31 »

Power's pre-match bit and William's post match interviews are here -> https://soundcloud.com/bbc-wiltshire-1
Panda Paws

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:24:44 »

Williams says Obika was 'showing signs of fatigue'

WTF, after 1 game against Supermarine and 45 mins against Shelbourne?

He's off.

Yep, because all he's done in 3 weeks is that.

A slightly tight hamstring is a sign of fatigue. We have one good striker right now. We can take no risks with him ahead of the Cov game.

Yes we might sell him - and maybe we should, given he walks for free next year. No we won't without a replacement. Power has always done pretty well in the market. Why would this be different?

Why can't some things just be accepted, rather than over-scrutinised and narratives created all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:29:17 »

TBF, they probably realise they're in for another shit season and this is as good as it will get for them, so enjoying it while they can!

Their B team may have another chance of glory in the FLT...strangely I doubt the crowd will be as big
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:31:07 »

Yep, because all he's done in 3 weeks is that.

A slightly tight hamstring is a sign of fatigue. We have one good striker right now. We can take no risks with him ahead of the Cov game.

Yes we might sell him - and maybe we should, given he walks for free next year. No we won't without a replacement. Power has always done pretty well in the market. Why would this be different?

Why can't some things just be accepted, rather than over-scrutinised and narratives created all the time?

Can someone please pin this on the TEF front page, as well as on the forehead of Batch, Flash and anyone else who goes quivery-lipped every year about the state of our squad more than a month away from deadline day?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:31:57 »

Their B team may have another chance of glory in the FLT...strangely I doubt the crowd will be as big

I don't know, Reg. Their fans got giddy for a friendly, image a competitive game? We'd have to give them a Town End ala Sunderland.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:50:52 »

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133093&sid=2f86f8e57b4ed95078deb0920be113e9&start=20

Some interesting comments on there, taking the piss out of their own "yobs" or being the biscuitmen then maybe they were hobyobs? (although knobs would equally work)

Slating Vigs a lot.

When did reading get yobs?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:51:02 »

Can someone please pin this on the TEF front page, as well as on the forehead of Batch, Flash and anyone else who goes quivery-lipped every year about the state of our squad more than a month away from deadline day?

Pretty sure Flash is the complete opposite actually.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: