Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 102765 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:25:12 »

It's not saying much but i think the team in last WC was quite a bit worse.

Clutching at straws now probably but at least we have a few exciting young players who may have potential at international level.

Certainly, in the second half these lads went into a collective mental disintegration....it will either finish them or they'll come back stronger..... Hmmm
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:36:26 »

And they all cried at the end ............ so that's alright then.    Crying

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:39:30 »

So, we were beaten by the better team.

All those pundits and commentators with their patronising bollocks about England being a superior team and Iceland being the minnows? Hers a bit of a clue you cunts- the rest of the world is catching up with the top teams and England have never been better than a division 2 side occasionally punching above its weight (1966, 1996). You only have to look at the percentage of foreign players and coaching staff in the Premier League to realise that we ain't all that.

The Premier league being the best in the world? Fuck off. Most entertaining maybe but technically not the best.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:59:31 »

Some decent piss takes here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36648624/social-media-laughs-at-england-being-knocked-out-of-euro-2016-by-iceland
adje

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:10:37 »

So, we were beaten by the better team.

All those pundits and commentators with their patronising bollocks about England being a superior team and Iceland being the minnows? Hers a bit of a clue you cunts- the rest of the world is catching up with the top teams and England have never been better than a division 2 side occasionally punching above its weight (1966, 1996). You only have to look at the percentage of foreign players and coaching staff in the Premier League to realise that we ain't all that.

The Premier league being the best in the world? Fuck off. Most entertaining maybe but technically not the best.

Agreed .yes its pretty disastrous but christ,to listen to some people its as if we lost in a qualifying match to azerbloodybaijan.its the last 16,iceland came through a far more taxing qualifying group than us and then arguably a much stronger first round group also.its not THAT humiliating

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:11:58 »

Agreed .yes its pretty disastrous but christ,to listen to some people its as if we lost in a qualifying match to azerbloodybaijan.its the last 16,iceland came through a far more taxing qualifying group than us and then arguably a much stronger first round group also.its not THAT humiliating

The performance was
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 12:17:57 »

Performance was more funny than humiliating. Felt sorry for my 11 year old kiwi nephew, he lands here next week and was hoping to watch England in the final in a pub with me and his dad. I did tell him before it started that was as likely as herthab winning miss world, poor sod.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:29:30 »

I find it quite amusing that a group of footballers that failed at international level are slagging off another group of footballers that have also failed

All six of them from ITV & BBC have won fuck all at that level, I guess that's why they are qualified to say how shit the current bunch are. After all the bunch before them almost certainly slated them for their failures
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:39:21 »

As opposed to us doing it on a forum eh.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:40:52 »

I just listened to Hodgson's press conference.  Unbelievable stuff.

He started by saying "I don't know what I'm doing here" because he'd made a statement yesterday and was now not the England manager.  Clearly there under duress.  Total arrogance, no understanding that the public might want an explanation for last night's shambles when he's pocketed £15 mill over 4 years.

He was asked a handful of pretty gentle questions and just waffled on until they ran out of time.  None of the questions the journos asked were ones that anyone on this forum would've asked.  Smacks of an old boys' club protecting their cushy numbers.

Hodgson ended by saying "I hope you're happy with the job I've done.  If you're not, I make no apologies".

Like I said last night, Hodgson = Paul Hart
Flashheart

« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:45:24 »

I find it quite amusing that a group of footballers that failed at international level are slagging off another group of footballers that have also failed

All six of them from ITV & BBC have won fuck all at that level,

Some of them gave it a good go though at least.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:50:48 »

All six of them from ITV & BBC have won fuck all at that level, I guess that's why they are qualified to say how shit the current bunch are. After all the bunch before them almost certainly slated them for their failures

absolutely.thats what i was shouting at the telly myself.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 21:09:30 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 15:52:46 »

And just what are the Iceland fans chanting with the one that sounds like 'Come on you Spurs'?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:02:00 »

And just what are the Iceland fans chanting with the one that sounds like 'Come on you Spurs'?

The Icelandic pronunciation of Iceland (Island) sounds a lot like England when sung at that level, it was odd.

I quite enjoyed the punditry last night (in as much as I was in the mood to enjoy anything.) I love Crouch, Lee Dixon sounded actually livid and Ian Wright compared it to Space Jam. It's been worse.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 16:43:13 »

They might not achieved much at international level themselves but you could see they bloody cared last night.

What else were they supposed to do apart from deservably slag off the shit we saw served up?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: