Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 102329 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 05:48:12 »

A new low...

What a fucking shit season and close season this has been...

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 06:17:52 »

I think James milner should have played.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 06:43:01 »

A new low...

What a fucking shit season and close season this has been...
Things can only get . . . worse?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 06:52:12 »

At least England can concentrate on the world cup now...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 06:54:55 »

We should say we're painting our Aunt Edna's flat that week, and not turn up. Will save a lot of pain in the long run.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:28:44 »

That was a shower of ineptitude from minute 4-94.

Too many things just didn't work. Set pieces and general delivery into the box consistently appalling. I think Kane, Rooney and Rashford had a go at corners and all deliveries were terrible. The Iceland keeper must have expected a much busier evening than having to tip shots from 35 yards over the bar. Did we actually create anything last night?

I was trying to cheer myself up by finding the gem of a post after the Russia game saying how amazing we were and that we would go far in the tournament but i can't, mores the pity.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #456 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:32:56 »

Fucking abysmal. We don't seem to have a way/system of what they wanted to do which just pissed about with it. We would have looked a lot more threatening with townsend out wide crossing into Carroll. Why on earth Barkley didn't make it onto the pitch once ahead of Wilshere I don't know.

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:44:10 »

The cries of we're not technically good enough. We need to mimic other top nations etc have been shown up to be the bollocks they are at this tournament. Every side we've played have been technically inferior to us, hasn't made a blind bit of difference.
Trying to play the way other nations do has failed and we now have the worst England team in living memory. My memory at least.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:53:59 »

The only thing we should "copy" is the process of concentrating on how to develop talent and a system that will work for us.  Technique is one thing, being able to trust that under pressure is another.  Having a variety of players coming through that provide the right mix on the pitch so you can play systems that players trust is another requirement.

Iceland are clearly not as good when you compare one player to another, and they probably never will be, but they all trust in what they are doing.  It won't win them anything, but for now it means they perform better than the sum of their parts.  We manage to be worse than the sum, but also even at the individual level we are just not good enough either.  Not one single player is in the top two or three for their position.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 07:57:05 »

We should have learnt from our own domestic league.
Leicester showed us the way forward.

We should have gone in with a CM including Drinkwater and Noble.
Defoe would have scored more than all our strikers combined did.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:15:47 »

One thing we can copy (and have started to do) is taking the U17, U21 etc tournaments seriously. The next step is to take them sufficiently seriously that we stop fast-tracking young talents into the 1st team and instead give them serious international tournament experience at youth level. They develop and come through as a group, all with international tournament experience, that then goes on to form the core of your senior side for years to come. Or we can keep throwing in the Walcotts, Oxlade-Chamberlains and Rashfords into the senior squad for bench-warming duty and 5 minute cameos. Because that's worked really well
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:16:19 »

Flint didn't know his own name?

I made that bit up, he said Flint was thick as shit though
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:17:53 »

I made that bit up, he said Flint was thick as shit though
That must have come as a shock.
scillyred

« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 08:20:12 »

Bird charity the RSPB said puffins are 'protected at all times' – and safeguarded by law. However Iceland has the world's largest puffin breeding colony. Around 10 million of the 15 million population live there and the fresh heart of the seabird is eaten raw as a traditional delicacy. The meat is also smoked and made into burgers

Boo Hiss - death to the Puffin slaughterers  Crying
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 09:10:51 »

Trying to play the way other nations do has failed and we now have the worst England team in living memory. My memory at least.

It's not saying much but i think the team in last WC was quite a bit worse.

Clutching at straws now probably but at least we have a few exciting young players who may have potential at international level.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: