Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League want a new division from season 2019-20  (Read 68115 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 15:23:00 »

Hmm, you may have something there - "We're not going to fuck up your league by putting our B teams in it, we're going to fuck it up by pulling up the drawbridge"
Prexit 2 commeth ...
Flashheart

« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 15:41:17 »

I'm boycotting all of the games. Down with this sort of thing.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 17:18:02 »

I'm boycotting all of the games. Down with this sort of thing.

You boycott all the games!!

Turn off your wifi when the commentary streams through...mind you...that's so shit and patchy you might not have to.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 17:18:58 »

Won't be going to any of them.

Shame, because in usual circumstances I would of loved Pox and Exeter away.

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #199 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 08:54:46 »

Job for the Trust methinks?

Should be supporters' club, not Trust. The trust getting involved with something like that is not going to help their non-existent relationship with Power, and it's a fan issue, not a Trust issue.

In my opinion of course.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 09:13:02 »

Should be supporters' club, not Trust. The trust getting involved with something like that is not going to help their non-existent relationship with Power, and it's a fan issue, not a Trust issue.
Traditionally, the Trust have always been the more activist of the two, the SC see their job as solely raising money to help the club and never engage in anything that could be construed as critical or unsupportive of the club. The Trust is, or should be, all about "fan issues", that's what it's supposed to be a "Supporters' Trust", to represent a supporters' views on how the club/game is run. If you want a games boycott organised, the Trust is your only hope. If the Trust are too scared of damaging a relationship they don't have, they need to look at whether that is skewing their core priorities.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 09:13:09 »

Apparently Southampton told the FL that they didn't want to be drawn in the same group of Pompey due to police costs.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Panda Paws

« Reply #202 on: Thursday, July 28, 2016, 09:22:49 »

Traditionally, the Trust have always been the more activist of the two, the SC see their job as solely raising money to help the club and never engage in anything that could be construed as critical or unsupportive of the club. The Trust is, or should be, all about "fan issues", that's what it's supposed to be a "Supporters' Trust", to represent a supporters' views on how the club/game is run. If you want a games boycott organised, the Trust is your only hope. If the Trust are too scared of damaging a relationship they don't have, they need to look at whether that is skewing their core priorities.

Fair points.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:14:28 »

On the Trust website :

http://www.truststfc.com/efl-trophy-boycott-we-want-your-views/

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:18:58 »

And Sam Morshead's own take on the EFL trophy :

http://www.truststfc.com/sam-morshead-the-serpent-the-fruit-and-the-premier-league/

BAZINGA !!

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:24:55 »

Unfortunately, we now have Luke Williams saying how excited he is about the prospect of playing Chelsea U 21. 

Now don't get me wrong he's in a difficult position....but I kind of take this as an insult to us fans, who are boycotting.

Now Adi Viveash may be excited about it, a chance to take his charges to the CG and gain a bit of revenge for the stick he used to take as a player.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:33:38 »

If you've got a sec, please vote in the Trust Twitter poll on this, will help the Trust formulate an official position

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/758988392923226116
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:36:34 »

If you've got a sec, please vote in the Trust Twitter poll on this, will help the Trust formulate an official position

https://twitter.com/TrustSTFC/status/758988392923226116

I'm not on Twitter, so can't vote....but count me in on boycotting.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 11:55:06 »

I'm not on Twitter, so can't vote....but count me in on boycotting.

There's an email address and link to the Facebook group here, if either of them appeal.

http://www.truststfc.com/efl-trophy-boycott-we-want-your-views/
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 12:17:24 »

Unfortunately, we now have Luke Williams saying how excited he is about the prospect of playing Chelsea U 21. 
Staff/players will always have a different take on this than fans. May be it hasn't even occurred to him how fans would look at this as an insult to lower league sides and even an existential threat, assuming you don't believe Scudamore that it's not the thin end of the wedge. Which, given it's Scudamore, is a given
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: