Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League want a new division from season 2019-20  (Read 68059 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 10:40:34 »

The whole regionalized league has been mooted by the FL and FA in the last few years, it could be fairly difficult to structure but I guess would only involve the bottom two divisions so (currently) we would not be affected as it would be Prem, Champ, L1 and L2N & L2S.

I am not sure if I would like this or not but have discussed it with other teffers on many occassions.

If like this season Blackpool, Doncaster, Crewe and Colchester went down then I guess it would mean Crewe going into the Southern league which would not benefit them at all as the furthest south geographically of all the 3 Northern teams.

Be a lot for the FL to work out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #46 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 10:49:37 »

Regionalised would be good for a season or two but as another poster said, it would very quickly get boring visiting the same teams year after year
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 11:06:35 »

It would be a pisser for those who live miles away and whereby away games provide the only real option of seeing the team.

Never understand how such things get through, it will be like turkeys voting for Christmas!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 11:35:54 »

What would happen if the relegation spots from league 1 were filled with teams from one area?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 11:46:54 »

Regionalised would be good for a season or two but as another poster said, it would very quickly get boring visiting the same teams year after year

I like the prospect of a trip to Fleetwood in August (even if it does turn out to be February). Not a fan of regional leagues at all.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:07:15 »

It would be a pisser for those who live miles away and whereby away games provide the only real option of seeing the team.

Never understand how such things get through, it will be like turkeys voting for Christmas!

As one of those people who live miles away, I can't think of anything worse than regional leagues.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:11:42 »

I'm sitting here wondering for how long you lot will discuss a completely hypothetical situation that has not even been proposed in these changes.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:33:43 »

Its what the internet is for.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:34:31 »

I'm sitting here wondering for how long you lot will discuss a completely hypothetical situation that has not even been proposed in these changes.

What about Celtic and Rangers though?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:35:23 »

What would happen if the relegation spots from league 1 were filled with teams from one area?

then they have to play the next season rush and scully
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 12:40:56 »

What about Celtic and Rangers though?

Oh, I know there's a genuine concern/interest about some of it, B-teams included, but the localised leagues thing just seems to be something that popped into somebody's head and everybody's running with it as though it's on the cards. I wonder how long it would be before somebody gets emotional and starts saying they'll stop going if/when it happens.

I just tickles me, for whatever reason.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 14:12:04 »

I just tickles me, 

I hope you enjoyed it....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 15:11:54 »

then they have to play the next season rush and scully

Anything to do with the football authorities needs Mulder and Scully
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 20, 2016, 18:31:23 »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10289492/football-legue-club-for-more-time-to-consider-proposals?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Too early to comment" = Swindon
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 12:05:58 »

Is that really a Sky Sports page?  Can't even spell league correctly...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: