Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League want a new division from season 2019-20  (Read 68232 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 09:38:47 »

Interestingly the early response on the Scum forum is that rightly they'll be boycotting....so fair to play to them for that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 09:39:00 »

Oxford and Chelsea. That's going to put a bit of a hole in the boycott I suspect.
Chrystovski

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 09:40:03 »

I will be boycotting all JPT trophy games as principal, what a farce it's become.

Hopefully this will be the death of the competition, we already play too many games in a season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 09:47:48 »

I will be boycotting all JPT trophy games as principal, what a farce it's become.

Hopefully this will be the death of the competition, we already play too many games in a season.

Of course not many go anyway....but your point about too many games is highly relevant.

Williams has said if we can put out our best XI then we should have enough about us to stay in Div3, but after that we struggle, so the last thing we need is further pointless fixtures.
Flashheart

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 09:51:56 »

Williams has said if we can put out our best XI then we should have enough about us to stay in Div3, but after that we struggle,

He did? Are you telling porkies Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 09:56:31 »

He did? Are you telling porkies Reg?

“We know that with our very strongest side on the pitch, we’re a competent League One team and everyone can see that if we start to remove players from the starting line-up, we get weaker.

Flashheart

« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:02:28 »

That could just as easily mean our first 11 could challenge for promotion, Reg. It's all about the spin  Wink That and the squad isn't complete yet, so it's rather a moot point.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:09:13 »

That could just as easily mean our first 11 could challenge for promotion, Reg. It's all about the spin  Wink That and the squad isn't complete yet, so it's rather a moot point.

Feel free to interpret it how you want....
Flashheart

« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:10:14 »

I'm not interpreting it either way.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:11:32 »

Poor Cheltenham.

One min we're told FL clubs to cut down on fixtures to save travel. Next we see Cheltenham drawing Everton, Bolton & Blackpool in @EFLTrophy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:14:59 »

I'm not interpreting it either way.

Then feel free to not interpret it either way...

I'll go with my interpretation that Williams wants some more bodies, to avoid the struggles we had last season.  With this in mind Chrystovski's original point about the new FLT format throwing up unwanted extra games is as pointed out highly relevant.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:16:11 »

Poor Cheltenham.

One min we're told FL clubs to cut down on fixtures to save travel. Next we see Cheltenham drawing Everton, Bolton & Blackpool in @EFLTrophy

Norvern bastards. I'm sure Gloucester City must have been in Conference North at some point
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:24:34 »

Then feel free to not interpret it either way...

I'll go with my interpretation that Williams wants some more bodies, to avoid the struggles we had last season.  With this in mind Chrystovski's original point about the new FLT format throwing up unwanted extra games is as pointed out highly relevant.

If the restrictions are lifted re set number of first teamers having to play from previous league game, then it could be a useful exercise in giving the youngsters a chance. Can't see it happening though, might devalue the competition.  Roll Eyes

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:24:58 »

Poor Cheltenham.

Barmy!  You couldn't make it up!

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/cheltenham-town-draw-blackpool-bolton-wanderers-and-everton-in-regionalised-efl-trophy-draw/story-29555661-detail/story.html

Although, their fans don't seem to mind:

http://robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21969
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:32:32 by Private Fraser » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:51:36 »

I read last week a number of U21's/B teams were wanting to play all their group games away, meaning the league teams in those groups would all get 2 home games.

Doesn't really matter to me as I decided last month that I wouldn't watch any game involving U21/B teams in this competition, and if we get Pox at home, and a number of people boycott, I can imagine that we could lose money on that game due to the number of coppers that'll still be needed.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: