Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sevilla v Liverpool  (Read 13134 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 09:24:06 »

I guess I'm alone in having wanted Liverpool to do well last night Shrug
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 09:24:55 »

Makes a change from the spurs plastics i presume  Wink

Beat me to it!  Cheesy
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 09:31:02 »

It would have been a good result for them, however they disintegrated in a wonderfully Liverpool season 15-16 manner, brilliant one minute woeful the next!

Can you imagine the crowing in the British media if 3 of the 4 European competition finalists were from the Premier League.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 09:33:02 »

For me its the English hype machine that infuriates me. We have supposedly the 'best league in the world' because we pay the biggest wages, have the biggest prize pots etc, so for me, I actually don't mind the rich kids of England constantly being outplayed by those teams in 'inferior' leagues.

I did used to cheer for our teams in Europe but that's changed now.

I don't see anyone say the BPL is the "best" league in the world anymore in terms of ability. It's the best league in terms of entertainment, that will never change.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:00:25 »

Haha nah I was with you too.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:01:52 »

I don't see anyone say the BPL is the "best" league in the world anymore in terms of ability.

Thiery Henry says it is on the Sky advert so it must be true!

I can't believe anyone who knows anything about the game would think it's a higher standard than La Liga. It certainly got a bit of its interest level back this season though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:19:43 »

It is the best league in world. It doesn't have the best teams in the world, but the depth of quality and drama makes it far and away the best product, for sure.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:23:32 »

Thiery Henry says it is on the Sky advert so it must be true!

I can't believe anyone who knows anything about the game would think it's a higher standard than La Liga. It certainly got a bit of its interest level back this season though.

The standard of the premier league is higher than la liga. There are some awful sides in the latter. There are no easy games( villa aside) in the premier league.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:32:41 »

The 7th place side in La Liga just won a 3rd straight European trophy.  Could a Saints or West Ham do the same?

No chance

Spanish teams have won 48 out of their last 52 games against non Spanish sides. Yes there might be some dross at bottom of La Liga but there is in every league

I'm not bashing the PL, enjoyed it more this year than have done in a decade, however the quality isn't that close for me.  Of course a higher standard doesn't necessarily make it more exciting to watch.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:33:39 »

Makes a change from the spurs plastics i presume  Wink

Ha to be fair I have more of a claim to support Spurs than any of them do to Liverpool (bite bite Cheesy) and I've never claimed to be a huge fan or a real supporter. My real team is the one I watch and go to support.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:38:44 »

The 7th place side in La Liga just won a 3rd straight European trophy.  Could a Saints or West Ham do the same?

No chance

Spanish teams have won 48 out of their last 52 games against non Spanish sides. Yes there might be some dross at bottom of La Liga but there is in every league

I'm not bashing the PL, enjoyed it more this year than have done in a decade, however the quality isn't that close for me.  Of course a higher standard doesn't necessarily make it more exciting to watch.

It's because our sides have it tougher week in week out that they struggle in Europe in my opinion.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:39:55 »

Ha to be fair I have more of a claim to support Spurs than any of them do to Liverpool (bite bite Cheesy) and I've never claimed to be a huge fan or a real supporter. My real team is the one I watch and go to support.

Is that another one in addition to Spurs and Swindon?  Wink
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:41:52 »

It's because our sides have it tougher week in week out that they struggle in Europe in my opinion.

Really, in what way is the PL tougher week in week out than LL? The 7th best team in Spain just played the 8th best team in the PL off the park, and although Sevilla had an extra days rest that really doesn't really cut it. I do love the way that Moreno is being made the complete scapegoat for it despite having no coverage in front of him, Swindon fans would be proud.

FWIW I really don't get the Europa League, there is a big thing every season about teams qualifying, then they moan like hell about it, play weakened teams and get knocked out!
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:47:05 by horlock07 » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:45:33 »

Is that another one in addition to Spurs and Swindon?  Wink

Nope.
Lived in Tottenham for a while and my family are from there so I look out for their result and I like to see them do well.
But I'm Swindon till I die. Only missed a handful of games since I started watching football, ST holder for 10 years. Travel from Wales for every home game.

I'm not a fatbury thank you very much. 

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 19, 2016, 10:53:48 »

Really, in what way is the PL tougher week in week out than LL? The 7th best team in Spain just played the 8th best team in the PL off the park, and although Sevilla had an extra days rest that really doesn't really cut it. I do love the way that Moreno is being made the complete scapegoat for it despite having no coverage in front of him, Swindon fans would be proud.

FWIW I really don't get the Europa League, there is a big thing every season about teams qualifying, then they moan like hell about it, play weakened teams and get knocked out!

The sides towards the bottom of the premier are better than those in similar postions in la liga in my opinion. They have a winter break which helps I also think.

They didn't play Liverpool off the park. First half was a different kettle of fish. Individual errors and who knows maybe fatigue was a factor ? Moreno was woeful by the way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: