Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Streaming music through your mobile  (Read 6865 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 17:57:19 »

Whats the best program for this at no cost? I'm using an android phone.

I thought I'd give Spotify a go. I expect ads, because I'm not paying but there also seems to be limitations on track skipping if you're a free user and it's a pain in the arse when you're driving and want to select a song. Had to not bother the other day out of risk or crashing as I wouldn't have been able to keep my eyes on the road it was that fiddly trying to select a song.

Anyone got any better suggestions?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 17:59:36 »

Sony Walkman.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 17:59:39 »

What mobile network are you with? Some of them offer free access to things like Spotify and Deezer but will depend on contract and provider.

I use Spotify and just make playlists for the car.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 18:03:07 »

I'm on o2. Reaslitically, I expect adverts if I'm not subscribing. But something with less restrictions on what you can select would be ideal.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 18:46:32 »

Spotify for a tenner a month is pretty good value to be fair.

Apple Music has a long trial period I believe
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 19:09:15 »

Another vote for Spotify. It's a fiver per month with an NUS card.

Are you connecting the phone to the car by bluetooth? If so, can't you just use the car's (steering wheel) controls?

With an Android phone you can control most music players using Google Now commands. For example "Ok Google, play XXX by XXX on Spotify" usually works for me. Or as Si Pie said, just create some playlists.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 21:05:47 »

Another vote for Spotify from me. It helps I have wifi at work, so I don't use my data!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 21:44:03 »

Yeah Spotify from me too, although I pay for it as I got fed up of the ads and you can download everything!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 22:15:23 »

I'm on o2. Reaslitically, I expect adverts if I'm not subscribing. But something with less restrictions on what you can select would be ideal.

Think the only one O2 has is O2 Tracks which is Top 40 orientated. Pretty much all the decent ones require a subscription to remove restrictions, which is why creating playlists on Spotify is handy as you're unlikely to skip as many. Although the same annoyances as you made me pay subscribe in the end and now I get it free through Vodafone.

What I would suggest is signing up to a 30 day trial and if you don't think it's worth £10 a month you can cancel. Also worth noting Google Music, Deezer and probably others also offer free trials. You could realistically get a fair few months free, though you'd have to keep changing app.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 22:21:10 »

spotify as well, when I get annoyed with the ads I pay for it, then let it lapse.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 22:30:48 »

Spotify, but I don't use it because Amazon Prime music is part of my prime subscription..So I use that.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 06:48:02 »

If you have an Android Phone, have you got a free trial for Google Play?

I had a 6 months free trial when I got my phone... decent library on there..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 09:07:24 »

Another vote for Spotify. £10 a month for me is good for the amount of music I listen to.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 14:28:29 »

Spotify and creating playlists it is I think. Makes it easier to skip while I'm driving.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 14:53:05 »

Spotify and creating playlists it is I think. Makes it easier to skip while I'm driving.
You shouldn't skip while you're driving, that's really dangerous. Just keep your feet on the pedals, man
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: