Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England Squad  (Read 18580 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:37:39 »

Picking Rooney means everyone else bar the defence and Dier have to play out of their natural position. He also needs to play Kane with Alli in behind him.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 09:40:07 »

Finally, please take fucking Harry Kane off of set-pieces, the corner he hit in the first half along the ground straight to a Portugal player should have had him immediately taken off. Surely we need his height in the box from corners?
I totally agree, Kane is shit at free kicks etc and is much more dangerous in the box waiting for a delivery etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 11:50:55 »

I watched it to see if it was worth watching the euro games. Saw the same old turgid crap that has been rinsed and repeated for 20 years. Solution seems simple to me, drop rooney and let everyone play their proper positions. He wont of course, so early exit very probable.

I just don't get why you'd pick Vardy then play that way. He's spent all season stitting on the last man waiting for the boot over the top to run on to. But then we asked him to defend. Hmmm.
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 11:54:58 »

It was a friendly. Perhaps they were trying things out, because that's what friendlies are for!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 11:57:39 »

I just don't get why you'd pick Vardy then play that way. He's spent all season stitting on the last man waiting for the boot over the top to run on to. But then we asked him to defend. Hmmm.

It's a classic case of the management and coaching staff not knowing what they're doing....I recall an interview with Ferguson, where he espoused what might be called his first law of management....don't ask players to do what they can't do.

Sometimes in tournaments sides sort of fall into personnel and shape, more by luck than judgement....that would seem to be our only hope atm.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 12:21:45 »

It was a friendly. Perhaps they were trying things out, because that's what friendlies are for!

I would say that's what earlier freindlies were for, unless he's playing mind games,(unkilely). I'd have played my best team and formation last night. Iron out the glitches. All he's done now is confuse the hell out of everyone, players included.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 12:25:01 »

I would say that's what earlier freindlies were for, unless he's playing mind games,(unkilely). I'd have played my best team and formation last night. Iron out the glitches. All he's done now is confuse the hell out of everyone, players included.
How? I am fairly certain the players are aware of what is going on
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 14:06:17 »

How? I am fairly certain the players are aware of what is going on

Did'nt look it last night
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 14:08:51 »

Did'nt look it last night
I wouldn't say they didn't know what was going on though. They pressed as a unit had people filling in the wide players tracked back,the passing was shit granted but they played how their manager asked them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 14:12:31 »

Quote from: suttonred

that's how I'd call it too. yes I agree drs that they did what they were told to do. just seemed odd to be asked to do it now.

that said, it's only a friendly. one in which nobody wants to get hurt.

I'll wait at least 7 minutes of the first game before writing us off
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 3, 2016, 14:32:39 »

From my limited viewing on Turkish TV, we looked pretty turgid until Milner went off and we stopped playing with two holding players.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 10:24:05 »

Im pretty sure jack wilshere sealed his place in the starting line up!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 11:17:57 »

Im pretty sure jack wilshere sealed his place in the starting line up!

If that's the case we better have a plan B because he can't be relied on to play 90 mins let alone multiple games.

Gotze is a much better player but Germany aren't taking him because they can't rely on him to stay fit
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, June 4, 2016, 15:04:09 »

The difference of course being that Germany have plenty of quality options in that position whereas we're into Danny Drinkwater, Mark Noble and their ilk - good premiership players but not exactly proven on the international stage.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, June 5, 2016, 08:16:31 »

I'm a big fan of Rooney, personally.

I'd be quite happy to see him play in an advanced midfield role, like he has done for Manchester United over the season.

He's much better in that 'Paul Scholes' role, than up front.

I also agree with the Harry Kane scenario.. strange to have him on set pieces..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: