Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones *SPOILERS*  (Read 46398 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, May 20, 2019, 21:17:14 »

Given the rushed nature of the season, I didn't hate the end as much as I thought I was going to.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, May 20, 2019, 22:51:51 »

Given the rushed nature of the season, I didn't hate the end as much as I thought I was going to.
I did. I can think of so many betters ways to have done this series and the ending.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 06:02:16 »

That’s the problem when scriptwriters have to write where the author hasn’t written the books yet.

Ending was a bit too Hollywood schmaltz for me - reminded me of the ending of Lord of the Rings.

I was still half expecting Drogon to come swooping down to finish the job.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 08:28:06 »

Lots of potential for spinoffs there. Such as Arya's travels, for example.

Totally! 

I must confess to was all a bit meh about the whole thing, had an air of after the Lord Mayors show about the finale after the two previous ones. On one hand I can see the writers would have got battered if they had not concluded (to a degree) everyone's story, but it was all a bit tame, Dennis's ending was incredibly rushed and emotionless when considering how much time has been spent on her 'story', much as was Cersei's the week before, Bron didn't swear enough when he finally reappeared.

At the bit at the end when they panned away, is Sansa incredibly tall or Ayra incredibly short, I still cannot get my head around there only being a years difference in age between the two actresses. 

As for Jon being banished to the Knights Watch, as the Wildlings are on side and the White Walkers gone (And the wall basically destroyed by the dead dragon) why do they actually need the Knights Watch anymore and where were they actually wandering off to at the end.
Flashheart

« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 08:37:25 »

I'm impressed with how incredibly fit Sansa has become. My word!
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 14:27:52 »

As for Jon being banished to the Knights Watch, as the Wildlings are on side and the White Walkers gone (And the wall basically destroyed by the dead dragon) why do they actually need the Knights Watch anymore and where were they actually wandering off to at the end.

Honestly I think they have done this just to keep it open to sequels. I don’t know how or what, but I think they are going to milk the hype and make a couple more iffy seasons. If the current writes are involved I think they may only be one season wonders.

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 18:53:20 »

They had to do so much in 1 series so was a bit of a shame I thought. Enjoyed it nonetheless and it wasn't as ridiculous as the 'Lost' finale which left me thinking what a waste of time watching that was.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 13:02:54 »

I'm impressed with how incredibly fit Sansa has become. My word!

Check out her halloween costume... She went as Morticia Addams:

Flashheart

« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 13:06:31 »

My word!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 13:10:30 »

My word!

Still doesn't offset the fact that she is from Northampton......   
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 23:08:58 »

Just watched it.

Pah. Dirty Northern Bastards. Even in fiction, nothing changes.

George R R Martin can now hopefully pull his finger out and finish the books.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: