Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones *SPOILERS*  (Read 46395 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:24:52 »

Cheers Nemo

Chatting this through with a chap at work who has read the books and it seems that in simple terms he is the human equivalent of the NK, so if he dies everyone dies.

Well that's the understanding I got but I am happy to be put right or elaborated on.

edit : this is possibly shit
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:30:30 by Bewster » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:35:41 »

thought it was very good. i dont think it would have come across as good being a day battle, as said the fire swords disappearing at the start was brilliant and so much of the story came together in this one episode. People being kept alive to have their part in the finale, arya having killed brown eyes, green eyes and then blue eyes- should have caught on earlier that she would have popped up at the end.

those saying it was a limp exit for the NK, well yes it was but he had to have been defeated in this episode, otherwise it would have been a two episode battle and if he had won then all of the main cast except cerci and crazy boat man would have been left.

its still going to be fascinating how they get another 3 episodes- 240 mins out of the remaining story line.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:35:44 »

Cheers Nemo

Chatting this through with a chap at work who has read the books and it seems that in simple terms he is the human equivalent of the NK, so if he dies everyone dies.

Well that's the understanding I got but I am happy to be put right or elaborated on.

edit : this is possibly shit

Haven't we gone way beyond the books now though?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:41:27 »

cerci and crazy boat man would have been left.

its still going to be fascinating how they get another 3 episodes- 240 mins out of the remaining story line.

I suspect that Crazy boat man (also known as finger up the bum man  in our household!) will have a big battle with Alfie Allens sister (in the programme not Lily!) whose name I cannot recall as she is going to be well pissed about her brother and was in the process of retaking the Iron Islands, so thats one episode.

Cersi will I assume have a big dust up although not sure how much army she has, and what will Jamie end up doing, on that basis I suspect the machinations of House Lannister will also take up much of the time, plus of course we have to see how Jon and Dani overcome their little incest problem?

Plenty to play with.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:43:10 »

Bronn is still alive isn't he? He was sent to kill Jamie and  Tyrion. that still has to play or
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 12:16:28 »

Haven't we gone way beyond the books now though?

Yes but he has been in them from the start  Grin
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:19:47 »

Well...

Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:23:58 »

Brutal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:38:15 »

Holy fuck.

She's mmm, she's mmmm, she's mmmmaaaad sir.

I liked this episode, but things are all so rushed at the same time. Cleganebowl and Cersie/Jamie this time.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:56:23 »

Preferred last week's episode, which was much more GoT - Plotting and planning. The other episodes in this series are too Hollywood for me. Too many miraculous escapes for certain characters. Too rushed in parts, meaning that key moments are unexplained.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:58:58 »

that's S7 and 8 in a nut shell, far too quick. Not sure why they've done that, surely it can't be money, the show must fucking rake it in for all involved!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, May 13, 2019, 21:59:13 »

Preferred last week's episode, which was much more GoT - Plotting and planning. The other episodes in this series are too Hollywood for me. Too many miraculous escapes for certain characters. Too rushed in parts, meaning that key moments are unexplained.

Quite agree.

Here's what I wrote elsewhere:

Well that was awesome and disappointing at the same time.

You can't argue that the awesome power of Drogon wasn't shown in full! The action was so well done, and the lack of morality from Dany and a vengeful Grey Worm was sobering in its consequences..

10/10 for action.

And yet, as is this season it all seems a little rushed again to get to next weeks finale. The Cleganebowl wasn't as awesome as it could have been, but the expected payoff over Cersei's death didn't really arrive. Fitting that Jamie and Cersei died together maybe, but like that? Not good enough for me.

I have reservations about trying to resolve what's left in one episode. Presumably Tyrion and Jon Snow will be looking to dispose of Dany, and Drogon. And then there is Sansa and Winterfell to come into play. Probably. Who knows.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 08:45:09 »

Hopefully Dany will head north to toast Winterfell as well.

Who was Varys writing the notes to?
Dorne?

I reckon a crossbow bolt from Bron will be heading somebody's way, and it might not be Tyrion.

Arya, still in business, might want to reopen the kill list after a nasty bout of smoke inhalation.

Go Dany go.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, May 20, 2019, 19:32:28 »

Yowzer!
Flashheart

« Reply #239 on: Monday, May 20, 2019, 20:45:00 »

Lots of potential for spinoffs there. Such as Arya's travels, for example.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: