Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones *SPOILERS*  (Read 46830 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 19:12:08 »

Just watched Episode 3.  Wow!

I concur
May have to watch it again
Superb
Flashheart

« Reply #211 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 19:59:54 »

Well, that's one way to reduce casting costs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 20:37:24 »

I was slightly underwhelmed. I think I may be the only one though.

One question, where the fuck did the three eyed Bran "go"?

Still, that's that over. Not sure how a depleted North can take on King's landing.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 20:50:51 »

Still, that's that over. Not sure how a depleted North can take on King's landing.

No I am totally with you on this. I thought the battle scenes were great but didn’t really see the point of the night king or white walkers in this whole story. There were no omg moments. Think it would have been much better if a major character died.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, April 29, 2019, 21:46:37 »

That and the direction was piss poor with overly dark scenes adding to confusion.
Plus the main characters swamped many times by WW, yet all seemed to survive.
Plus all John Snow did was shout at the bad dragon.
Plus Bran is fucking useless.

But there were some good bits.
Arya finishing it all, Lyanna Mormont sticking the giant on her way out, the dothraki flaming sword charge being snuffed out, Cleganebowl still being on.

Guess no shocks and a rushed end to the NK story* (not the battle, wouldn't want that dragged over 2 episodes)

* presumably.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 07:01:28 »

Yes and no. I still wasn’t sure who was killed. I took it for granted that as Jamie and Brienne weren’t actually shown dying heroically - like Theon - that they survived. Same goes for Samwell - is he toast or not?

I presume now that Jamie is destined to die in front of his sister back at Kings Landing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 07:07:40 »

soapy tit wank

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/player-ratings-for-game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-229662
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 07:29:36 »

you beat me to it !
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 07:37:03 »

A lesson there for Shaun Reynolds at the Adver.  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 07:59:32 »

Think it would have been much better if a major character died.

Better hope that Lyanna Mormont doesn't read this, she will cut your balls off! 

That and the direction was piss poor with overly dark scenes adding to confusion.
Plus the main characters swamped many times by WW, yet all seemed to survive.
Plus all John Snow did was shout at the bad dragon.
Plus Bran is fucking useless.

But there were some good bits.
Arya finishing it all, Lyanna Mormont sticking the giant on her way out, the dothraki flaming sword charge being snuffed out, Cleganebowl still being on.

Guess no shocks and a rushed end to the NK story* (not the battle, wouldn't want that dragged over 2 episodes)

* presumably.

It was way too dark, but most TV is these days I find, in parts could barely see what was going on! Likewise its become the norm in TV stuff for people to survive the un survivable, I must admit it got on my tits about half way through when it became clear that only something special would win the battle.

I find Bran unbearably smug and irritating, and once again Jon Snow fucked up and was saved by others.

Dunno about rushed end, apparently was the longest continuous battle in TV/film history?

Probably going to watch this one and last weeks again stone cold sober to see what I have missed!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 08:13:22 »

Dunno about rushed end, apparently was the longest continuous battle in TV/film history?

I don't mean the battle itself. That was enough, though I thought we'd see some kind of duel with the NK.

Just thought that  years of "winter is coming" came to an end in one episode. Assuming it had

Still, with so few episodes  left it was either NK+WW v Kings Landing, or North v South. Think they went the right way.

Wonder if Bran will become the new NK. Probably too late in the day for that.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 08:47:30 »

Stopped watching during season 2, not because i didn't enjoy it but just one of those things.

I've seen social media blow up these past few weeks so i though i'd pop in here and try and piece together whats going on.......

Yeah, i have no idea. I'll start watching again some time.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:00:03 »

I'm with you on this.

Why does/did the NK want to kill Bran ? Don't get this.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:09:55 »

He said something or other about being the world's memory in the last episode, and memory being the opposite of death. But yeah, Bran seemed to not really have much of a role other than sitting around and being mysterious - even the bit with the ravens didn't really achieve much?

Overall, I'm getting serious Star Wars XII vibes about this episode. I really enjoyed watching it at the time, mostly for the set pieces, and thought the number of named characters surviving implausible situations whilst nameless allies died in their droves was a bit much, but since then I've been on the internet and discovered an incredible amount of moaning about every single part of the episode from military tactics to the ending.

I do think they'd written themselves into a corner a bit where no ending to the Night King arc was going to be narratively satisfying, but think he should have taken out a few more named characters first. Think I'd have quite liked Arya doing the deed from behind whilst NK was duelling and beating Jon/Jaime/Brienne in a mirroring of the Tower of Joy flashbacks from the last season.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:24:01 »

Because he's an irritating twat?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: