Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: leicester city, champions  (Read 10203 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 16:03:01 »

Slinky leopard skin outfits dribble dribble.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 16:08:03 »

It seems that more than a few TEF-ers take a Shania Twain approach to this 5,000-1 shot

Man, they feel like women?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 16:29:32 »

Unusual name, any relation to our donkey?

We were once stabled together.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 16:41:36 »

Man, they feel like women?
Always thought Audrey might do.

But no, that don't impress me much.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 17:45:34 »

Every God Damn news broadcast started and ended With Leicester. I don't begrudge them their victory but Im getting a little pissed of with it now.
However, like Reg I don't watch football on TV so know little of their style of play, Gordon Banks seemed to suggest they didn't go in for this pissy, shitty passin around the back until the crowd and the opposition fall asleep but preferred a more exciting form of football. is that correct?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 17:57:20 »

Every God Damn news broadcast started and ended With Leicester. I don't begrudge them their victory but Im getting a little pissed of with it now.
However, like Reg I don't watch football on TV so know little of their style of play, Gordon Banks seemed to suggest they didn't go in for this pissy, shitty passin around the back until the crowd and the opposition fall asleep but preferred a more exciting form of football. is that correct?

Why did I read this in a redneck voice?
A lot of their results were 1-0s. I wouldn't call them consistently exciting to watch.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 18:20:56 »

Why did I read this in a redneck voice?
A lot of their results were 1-0s. I wouldn't call them consistently exciting to watch.

just glad you read it little lady.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 18:40:30 »

Wouldnt say particularly exciting, I suppose their biggest strengths are organisation, effort, etc which just made them pretty dam hard to break down.

Having a solid back 4 and couple of superb defensive midfielders can do wonders
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 19:17:00 »

Wouldnt say particularly exciting, I suppose their biggest strengths are organisation, effort, etc which just made them pretty dam hard to break down.

Having a solid back 4 and couple of superb defensive midfielders can do wonders

This. It's "keep it tight, and hit them on the break" style football. Lots of long balls to nobody. Lots of time without the ball. Our fans would hate it just as much as keeping possession and playing from the back.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 20:35:08 »

Apparently the last first time winners of the championship in England were Nottingham Forest, they went on to win two European Cups.

I know this was before real football started (ie the premier league) but I would suggest that was quite an achievement
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 20:43:02 »

Apparently the last first time winners of the championship in England were Nottingham Forest, they went on to win two European Cups.

I know this was before real football started (ie the premier league) but I would suggest that was quite an achievement

Atletico, have just reached the final of the CL, and Leicester play a similar basic 4-4-2...built on strong defence and 2 holding midfielders, counter attack and set pieces. So why not?  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 21:02:01 »

The interesting thing with Atletico is watching just how well drilled they are, which in the day of the modern millionaire footballers must be tough to sustain.  They initially press with 4 or 5 players when they lose possession.  If they don't disrupt you then see all of them bar the old number 9 drop back into set positions - they literally turn their backs on play and run to where they need to be set-up the next line of defence.  Almost military in precision.  With enough trust they cover pretty much every option once a team gets in their half, they are also then quick to break.  Despite giving up a lot of possession and being fairly defensive, the full backs can still attack when it's on and they can get numbers forward.  Very impressive to watch and all the more impressive that they've kept it going for so long - maybe helped by the fact the best players are always sold on?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 08:23:33 »

Their defenders defend.
Their central midfielders, press and tackle without the ball. Then pass the ball when they have it.
Their wingers run at the full backs
Their strikers score goals.

Football at its basic and best. No need to over complicate it.
No emphasis on possession - all about scoring more goals than the opposition.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 09:27:50 »

It will never catch on.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 09:56:31 »

The problem is that most modern footballers believe they are more than that, I present the Chelsea squad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: