Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: leicester city, champions  (Read 10276 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 07:58:34 »

Fucking livid right now.
Might be a bit happier for them tomorrow.

Still, at least none of the England players (Harry Kane) got injured tonight.
Care to elaborate? I didn't have you down as a closet Spurs fan  Hmmm

Amazing achievement. Cynics be damned.
Quite so sir Yes

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:04:41 »

Heaps pressure on the managers of the other 'also ran' clubs - if Leicester can do it, so can we from the chairmen.

I'm struggling to see how or why the so called big clubs will improve greatly next season. 2 will have new managers and the 'top' clubs will all be looking to improve their squads and, as usual, will decide only spending big will do. Yet, there are so few genuinely top class players available they will inevitably end up buying 2nd raters at inflated prices.

There's no way the would even take a punt on players like Mahrez for £400,000. Could be times they are a changing with the Hammers also on the rise and even Liverpool under Klopp would be a first.

Anyway, sooner Muff's bubble bursts the better
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:17:56 »

Leicester's success reminds me a little of the last time a Midlands club won the league.... Villa back in 80/81.  It was remarkable for the fact Vila only used 14 players in a 42 games season. (Quiz question: no cheating: which future Town player was one of the 14?)

Leicester similarly have managed to put out a mostly stable XI, right through the season, a rarity.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:20:47 »

Donkey Geddes
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:31:29 »

Donkey Geddes

Was the man.  3 goals for us all on the road. Brought in as back up for Shearer and White. 

It will surely only be a matter of time before Leicester's success is wheeled out by the Remain campaign for the EU, as an example of what multi-cultural global capitalism can achieve.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:33:28 »

I must admit the funniest bit is that Spurs finally finish above Man Utd, City, Arsenal and Chelsea in the league.... and then lose it to Leicester. And to lose it in a game that you were two nil up in and draw is beautifully Spurs in a nutshell!

Hopefully will lead to some unity in north London as both teams will feel some sort of perceived entitlement all summer.

Before everyone unthinkingly swallows the Leicester dream story, just remember that 'little Leicester; spent 32m on players and around £57m a year wage bill - I know its all proportionate in the premier league but that's still a hell of a lot of money!

Good luck to them and just what football needed to shake things up a bit!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:39:57 by horlock07 » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:35:40 »

Donkey Geddes

Saw his first goal for us at Shrews after we got him from there, was a little bit like the Blackburn/Shearer transfer with us, but on a smaller scale if memory serves.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:38:13 »

I must admit the funniest bit is that Spurs finally finish above Man Utd, City, Arsenal and Chelsea in the league.... and then lose it to Leicester.

Hopefully will lead to some unity in north London as both teams will feel some sort of perceived entitlement all summer.

Before everyone unthinkingly swallows the Leicester dream story, just remember that 'little Leicester; spent 32m on players and around £57m a year wage bill - I know its all proportionate in the premier league but that's still a hell of a lot of money!

Good luck to them and just what football needed to shake things up a bit!

I rarely watch Prem football, despite paying for it....it's the cricket that got me  Sad   however this has been a more interesting season than usual. Apparently ManU spent more on transfers in the last 2 seasons than Leicester have in their entire history.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 10:19:00 »

Best thing to happen to that league in a generation or 2, found myself pretty interested in the title race for the first in about 20 years.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 13:22:17 »

Care to elaborate? I didn't have you down as a closet Spurs fan  Hmmm
Quite so sir Yes

Afraid so. My family are from Tottenham. My Dad literally went to school on WHL, so I was brought up with them. I learnt to revere Hoddle either way.  Smiley

I'm calmer now, the title was already gone before last night. I think it being Chelsea just made it especially aggravating  Crash I really despise that club. Still, congrats to Leicester. Everyone has their own definition of "fairy tale", but at least theirs has more reality than Bournemouth's.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 13:24:53 »

But at least theirs has more reality than Bournemouth's.

If you want to be a downer on everything, it really doesn't.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 13:52:12 »

If you want to be a downer on everything, it really doesn't.

I try to be, would you like to elaborate?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Panda Paws

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 14:22:25 »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

One of the clearest examples of financial "doping" you'll see, and certainly parallels between them and Bournemouth.

Every club (hell, every business) finds financial shortcuts, back doors and loopholes so not demeaning Leicester's achievement - just merely mentioning the similarities between their "fairytale", and Bournemouth's.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 15:00:06 »

Donkey Geddes
Unusual name, any relation to our donkey?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 15:25:56 »

Too Cool Clap Clap
I'm with you here, effing well done Leicester City!

It seems that more than a few TEF-ers take a Shania Twain approach to this 5,000-1 shot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: