Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCHDAY THREAD: Rochdale vs. Swindon Town  (Read 29996 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 22:57:09 »

Holt has always played football like a dodgy pub bouncer. Probably an inferiority complex issue as he's the only player uglier than Crouch.
deltaincline

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 23:13:57 »

Great to see young Henry making a solid debut today.

We'll need to hold onto him and the other youth keeper Johnns as Vigs will NOT be returning back here.

With Kassim and Ajose already gone, and probably Brophy too, it's going to be time for Major Rebuild to make another appearance in the summer.

Still, if Calne Council are successfully sued for not providing suitable pitches for us to train on at Beversbrook while the country was suffering from widespread floods, we'll have a few extra quid to spend on new players.

'Every cloud' eh? 

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 23:34:57 »

Holt has always played football like a dodgy pub bouncer. Probably an inferiority complex issue as he's the only player uglier than Crouch.

I will take exception to this - I love Crouch. He's a top bloke, and I reckon he's like one of those dogs you get that are so ugly they become adorable.

Holt looks and acts like a dog's arse.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 00:52:08 »

I will take exception to this - I love Crouch. He's a top bloke, and I reckon he's like one of those dogs you get that are so ugly they become adorable.

What do you think of Ben Wah Balls? That's the erstwhile TEFer with a Crouch fetish...nothing else  Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 00:58:44 »

Yeah I like crouch too. You can only play the hand you are dealt with, and he's done a good job to be fair.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 08:20:20 »

I can't decide - Did Boo get red carded for 1) getting fouled, 2) getting trodden on, or 3) getting dragged back up to his feet?

Hilariously bad decision  Roll Eyes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #111 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 08:58:38 »

He's only 17, I'm wondering if we've ever fielded a younger keeper?  

Sometimes kids can come in with a no fear attitude, but goalkeeping is a tough old gig....so well done to the lad, but it would be unfair to put too much expectation onto such young shoulders.

Steve Mildenhall was 17 years and 94 days.

Jimmy Allen was 17 years 298 days.

Will Henry was 17 years 298 days.

Some brilliant saves by Henry there in that game, looks a very promising young keeper that bodes well for the future.

Definately our youngest penalty saving keeper though.

As for BOO.....I don't see what he did wrong, Holt should have been sent off for this stamp though and pulling BOO's shirt/hair and provoking violence.

« Last Edit: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 09:02:32 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 09:05:39 »

As for BOO.....I don't see what he did wrong, Holt should have been sent off for this stamp though and pulling BOO's shirt/hair and provoking violence.

Referee is looking straight at it too.

"Absolute Calamity!"
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 09:05:57 »

Great to see young Henry making a solid debut today.

We'll need to hold onto him and the other youth keeper Johnns as Vigs will NOT be returning back here.

With Kassim and Ajose already gone, and probably Brophy too, it's going to be time for Major Rebuild to make another appearance in the summer.

Still, if Calne Council are successfully sued for not providing suitable pitches for us to train on at Beversbrook while the country was suffering from widespread floods, we'll have a few extra quid to spend on new players.

'Every cloud' eh? 

Where have you seen/heard that Vigs won't be returning & Brophy will be getting released?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 09:34:37 »

Spirits wrote it on his bedroom door, just under redrum.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 10:04:54 »

I remember him being asked what he would be if he weren't a professional footballer,
his answer....a virgin

Fair play to him

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 10:16:05 »

Interesting posts on youngest keepers.

Add Shay Given who made his first FL appearance with us at 19, and the common theme is the incredible longevity of the careers of these young debutants.  Let's wish Will Henry the same (though without Mildenhall's bollocks surgery, naturally).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 11:06:13 »

But for every Shay Given there's a Craig Farr, Matt Bulman, Leigh Bedwell etc...

Not an easy position to grind out a long pro career.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 11:23:25 »

Got a good mention here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36179584
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 12:51:33 »

how in the hell was that a red card?

I come from a land down-under
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up