Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCHDAY THREAD: Rochdale vs. Swindon Town  (Read 30042 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:18:58 »

What actually did Boo do to get sent off? I can't even make it out on the highlights.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:24:56 by Miles Mayhem » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:21:14 »

4 seriously good saves there from Henry. The one at the end to his left is arguably better than the other 3
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:25:30 »

My player is well jerky, what the fuck did BOO do? Kick out?

Louis, you'll laugh, but he was unlucky because I think he's tried to block the ball as its been knocked past.

No idea if Henry just had a blinder or if that's genuinely his level, but TB will be worried.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:37:37 by Batch » Logged
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:31:11 »

Looks to me like he just tried to make Holt let go of him after he'd knocked him to the ground, stood on him and then tried to drag him to his feet via various parts of his body. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:33:16 »

Looks to me like he just tried to make Holt let go of him after he'd knocked him to the ground, stood on him and then tried to drag him to his feet via various parts of his body. 

oh, so I didn't miss it then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:33:34 »

Louis, you'll laugh, but he was unlucky because I think he's tried to block the ball as its been knocked past.

No idea if Henry just had a blinder of if that's genuinely his level, but TB will be worried.

He's only 17, I'm wondering if we've ever fielded a younger keeper? 

Sometimes kids can come in with a no fear attitude, but goalkeeping is a tough old gig....so well done to the lad, but it would be unfair to put too much expectation onto such young shoulders.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:35:28 »

Cant see what Boo did in the slightest to even get a yellow. The young keeper probably had 3 of the seasons best saves in 1 game. Give him a real boost. Is he anything to do with Charley or Leigh?
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:39:09 »

Great to see a Town side show a bit of spirit. Fantastic debut by the keeper, got him to thank for the point. Not just the penalty, he had no right to get anywhere near the chance Rochdale had a few minutes later and made a number of other good saves. Nice touch at the end, players came over to us led by the apprentices on the bench to give young Henry a standing ovation. Piccy of the  man of the hour below, born in 1998, christ I feel old!

* thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg (91.22 KB, 640x481 - viewed 390 times.)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:39:25 »

He's only 17, I'm wondering if we've ever fielded a younger keeper? 

Sometimes kids can come in with a no fear attitude, but goalkeeping is a tough old gig....so well done to the lad, but it would be unfair to put too much expectation onto such young shoulders.

Quite agree, but if that's his level then assuming we get a senior keeper in would you have him as backup/on the bench?

Have to say I didn't realise he was only 17, probably a bit young in my eyes to do that.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 19:46:37 »

Some cracking saves from Henry. How was he dealing with aerial balls into the box etc?
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 20:05:46 »

He did well, think he collected everything he came for. Seem to remember he tried to punch clear once which didn't quite work out but we'll let him off. Basically cleared long with his feet rather than short passes, probably under orders to do so. There was one dodgy clearance but the pitch wasn't in great condition. Anyway he basically had a blinder, nice uplifting note to finish off watching the Town on the road after what at times has been a pretty desperate season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 20:27:30 »

Highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-swindon/340618

Is there a stamp and hair pulling from Holt?
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 20:30:43 by Costanza » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 20:32:34 »

In answer to my own musings about young keepers....looks like Henry is third for a league game to Mike O'Hara, who didn't play too many, and slightly older than Jimmy Allan, who played loads. I remember Jimmy making his debut with Kenny Stroud v QPR in the old Div 2, 809 Town games between them.

Mildy, made his league debut as an 86th minute outfield sub at Prenton Park...may have been younger but wasn't as a keeper so doesn't count.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 21:17:33 »

Reading rochdale forum it seems they werent impressed at all with our niggly performance. I enjoyed it because we played like that! Makes a change seeing us able to get a result in a different way
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 30, 2016, 22:03:36 »

Dodgy as fuck that red card for BOO.  Holt the old pro being a cunt.  And a load of gloating 'dale players over him including one just giving him a little tap in the back with his foot when he's been sent off.  Glad we held out - serves them right for being cheaty.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: