Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCHDAY THREAD: Rochdale vs. Swindon Town  (Read 29751 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:53:36 »

Ha, is he a tory?  I didnt know.  Explain a lot.

Never knowingly overstated.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:54:18 »

Henry was miles off his line for that penalty save
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:58:17 »

I was really alluding to the respective seasons as seen through our eyes - blinkered as fans in general are.

I can't honestly think of one truly exciting game where we have played well. On the whole it's been mundane which has obviously influenced by some of the terrible sides we've been forced to field.

I've missed more games this season, out of choice, than I ever have (when available to go).

It's nothing to do with Power or the way he runs things. It's just been so tedious to watch. Here's hoping that after binning this season the next one heralds better.

We knew at the start of the season, a struggle was likely, that was then compounded by injuries. So the context of the season was always about doing enough to stay up and the exitement that is so generated....we had 3 key games at the CG where we came back from behind to beat Sarfend, Crewe and Blackpool, with late goals. Without those wins we'd have likely gone down...so I'd say they were pretty exciting on any historical comparison.

As for how next season might pan out, there's little point in speculating until we see waht the squad is going to look like.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 12:03:38 »

Those 3 games encapsulate the team. We were atrocious for large parts of those games - truly awful.

The fact we rallied to win them, for me, doesn't cover up what went before.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 12:13:52 »

Those 3 games encapsulate the team. We were atrocious for large parts of those games - truly awful.

The fact we rallied to win them, for me, doesn't cover up what went before.

Fair enough but there are still no guarantees in sport....the fact that we were terrible yet rallied to claim those key points is a positive...it would have been very easy to accept Div 4 football as inevitable, rather like the recent squad of 10/11 vintage would have done.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 13:52:29 »

We knew at the start of the season, a struggle was likely, that was then compounded by injuries. So the context of the season was always about doing enough to stay up and the exitement that is so generated....we had 3 key games at the CG where we came back from behind to beat Sarfend, Crewe and Blackpool, with late goals. Without those wins we'd have likely gone down...so I'd say they were pretty exciting on any historical comparison.

As for how next season might pan out, there's little point in speculating until we see waht the squad is going to look like.

I can...

It will be more of the same.

The new Crewe.

Zero excitement for coming season. I think we will drop.

Let's hope we do a Leicester.

I will stick a tenner on.

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 14:04:34 »

I can...

It will be more of the same.

The new Crewe.

Zero excitement for coming season. I think we will drop.

Let's hope we do a Leicester.

I will stick a tenner on.
No middle ground whatsoever then?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 20:00:39 »

No middle ground whatsoever then?

Nope..

Clems Army!
deltaincline

« Reply #143 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 21:54:58 »

You've got to be taking the piss there surely?

Nah. Not taking the piss.

And Imagine Cruising have said goodbye as main sponsors.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 22:14:20 »

Nah. Not taking the piss.

And Imagine Cruising have said goodbye as main sponsors.
Source?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
deltaincline

« Reply #145 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 22:33:40 »

Source?

Grow the fuck up.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #146 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 23:40:17 »

In answer to my own musings about young keepers....looks like Henry is third for a league game to Mike O'Hara, who didn't play too many, and slightly older than Jimmy Allan, who played loads. I remember Jimmy making his debut with Kenny Stroud v QPR in the old Div 2, 809 Town games between them.

Mildy, made his league debut as an 86th minute outfield sub at Prenton Park...may have been younger but wasn't as a keeper so doesn't count.

Def Mike O'Hara, from Norn Ireland, 17 and 3 months, depped for Sam Burton in '61. Looking at the great STFC stats site, the ref for that match (v Shrews inc Arthur Rowley) was Ken Aston, world famous ref for the Battle of Santiago in the World Cup in '62, also introduced red and yellow cards and a bunch of other ref-type things.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 06:18:40 »

Fair enough but there are still no guarantees in sport....the fact that we were terrible yet rallied to claim those key points is a positive...it would have been very easy to accept Div 4 football as inevitable, rather like the recent squad of 10/11 vintage would have done.

And rather like you did.

All this guff about how the season would have turned out if all of these legitimate goals were somehow written off does my head in. Do I hear you disregarding the last minute goals conceded to teams like Port Vale and Wigan? And to just dismiss us as a terrible team that somehow hit the jackpot is just a dismissive and disrespectful way of trying to justify your own laughable predictions. Even a fortnight ago you were implying that we would struggle to manage any more points and be scrapping for 20th place. 3 unbeaten matches later...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 06:29:01 by ferret » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 07:32:33 »

Grow the fuck up.

Whats your problem? It's a valid question. A quick search round doesnt throw up any info on this.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 08:07:16 »

Is Delta Incline making a bid for the recently vacated Wanker-in-Chief post?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: