Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MATCHDAY THREAD: Rochdale vs. Swindon Town  (Read 30103 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 13:04:42 »

Im not sure I have the temprament to be a footballer.  If Id been red carded for that I would have decked Holt.  In for a penny in for a pound.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 13:20:41 »

one person on Twitter said boo swung a punch at Holt. I definitely can't see it on the highlights though.

plus Holt deserved it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 13:21:23 »

Still, if Calne Council are successfully sued for not providing suitable pitches for us to train on at Beversbrook while the country was suffering from widespread floods, we'll have a few extra quid to spend on new players.

'Every cloud' eh?  

You've got to be taking the piss there surely?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 13:49:31 »

You've got to be taking the piss there surely?
He's starting to remind me of our favourite Facebook poster spouting lots of negative bollocks with nothing to back it up....
Panda Paws

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 14:05:47 »

Just watched the highlights, the red is a shocking decision but as was LT's first yello too. Ref Completely devoid of the brains he was born with.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 14:07:40 »

Great to see a Town side show a bit of spirit. Fantastic debut by the keeper, got him to thank for the point. Not just the penalty, he had no right to get anywhere near the chance Rochdale had a few minutes later and made a number of other good saves. Nice touch at the end, players came over to us led by the apprentices on the bench to give young Henry a standing ovation. Piccy of the  man of the hour below, born in 1998, christ I feel old!

More than Cooper did.....ever...

Should appeal that red card I reckon...

Clems Army!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 20:38:08 »

I'd better let my dad know his council tax will be going up then?!  Girl Giggle
Flashheart

« Reply #127 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 20:48:05 »

Just seen the replay and BOO did seem to lash out.

Which is not allowed even if you are laying on your back after being tripped, and then kicked/stamped on, and then pulled by your shirt or part of your body/hair.

So yeah, no complaints there, non at all.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 09:42:16 »

Comment from Rochdale forum

' Polar opposite to the side that turned up this time last year and played us off the park first half at Spotland. 

Never known an opposition side to go from one of the best to watch to one of the worst in the space of 12 months!'

Fair assessment?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 09:52:59 »

No, don't think so.

Only Nathan, Rodgers and Obika played in both games, so a very different team on Saturday compared to last April.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 10:12:40 »

...but they trounced us this season in the cup so surely they expected Town to be inferior to last season on the basis of that?

Hey Rochdale, Town ended your season, deal with it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #131 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 10:38:09 »

Hey Rochdale, Town ended your season, deal with it.
TBF their season was over unless they scored about 5 goals in both their remaining fixtures with Jills, Scunny  and Barnsley losing as well...was never gonna happen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 10:44:59 »

Well we all know that big Grant Holt was the innocent party right?  He was just trying to drag another player off the floor which is totally normal and acceptable.  Especially when he's been on the floor for 2 seconds after you've stomped you galumphing huge hooves on him.

Totally innocent.

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:12:55 »

I was really alluding to the respective seasons as seen through our eyes - blinkered as fans in general are.

I can't honestly think of one truly exciting game where we have played well. On the whole it's been mundane which has obviously influenced by some of the terrible sides we've been forced to field.

I've missed more games this season, out of choice, than I ever have (when available to go).

It's nothing to do with Power or the way he runs things. It's just been so tedious to watch. Here's hoping that after binning this season the next one heralds better.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, May 2, 2016, 11:38:19 »

Well we all know that big Grant Holt was the innocent party right?  He was just trying to drag another player off the floor which is totally normal and acceptable.  Especially when he's been on the floor for 2 seconds after you've stomped you galumphing huge hooves on him.

Totally innocent.

Tory voting footballer vs. Saxondale.

Not contest

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: