Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The best 11  (Read 9750 times)
Chippy Red

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:05:36 »

After the Walsall and Chesterfield games Luke Williams said that's our best 11.

So the 4 loans will leave. We are being told Yasser and Obika and Ajose will be hard to keep. So that's 7 of the best 11 gone. Leaving NT who is good enough. Branco who is a bit hit and miss, and the full backs who have been our weak link all season as none can defend.

Power adding more lightweight kids with little to no league experience won't fill the gaps left.  I hope on the last Power Hour phone in Hodges stops brown nosing Power and some serious questions get asked for once.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:06:50 »

I think we should wait and see
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:09:58 »

While agreeing with what you say, I'd prefer just to enjoy the last couple of games, knock off for the cricket season (the Platini inspired over bloated Euros may be hard work) hope to see Steve Lomas turn up in the close season and start to worry about the 16/17 campaign in mid to late July.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:10:49 »

Many players leaving over the summer is hardly a phenomenon exclusive to Swindon under Power, is it? It's all about the replacements, and nobody knows what will happen with that just yet.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:18:39 »

I think it's absolutely pointless getting wound up at something that hasn't happened yet.
Panda Paws

« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:27:42 »

So what you're trying to say is that a lower end L1 club is going to have a fairly high turnover of players this summer, we're not sure who will be here next year and who won't, we're at risk of losing our best players and will have to bring players in on a limited budget.

Crumbs, that's some ground-breaking opinions you've got yourself.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:33:03 »

I hope on the last Power Hour phone in Hodges stops brown nosing Power and some serious questions get asked for once.
No chance, Hodgetts is a twat of the highest order who is frightened of his own shadow!!  He'll just be gushing with pride that we avoided relegation.  Romantic
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 09:34:56 »

No chance, Hodgetts is a twat of the highest order who is frightened of his own shadow!!  He'll just be gushing with pride that we avoided relegation.  Romantic
One thing i will say is every time i have seen people ask questions on twitter someone has asked them if they would like to speak to Lee Power directly and ask the question. Every time that person says no they are busy
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:00:21 »

I don't get the accusations against Hodgetts either. It's as though he's being blamed for not outing Power as ripping us off, although nobody has shown that Power is indeed ripping us off. Quite typical of conspiracy theorists actually.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:07:10 »

I don't get the accusations against Hodgetts either. It's as though he's being blamed for not outing Power as ripping us off, although nobody has shown that Power is indeed ripping us off.

Shaun H, been around a very long time dating back to the advent of local radio at GWR, thoroughly decent bloke. I don't think it's his job to out owners/chairmen etc....he works for the BBC, which is "supposed" to be impartial in its reporting of news.
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:16:42 »

Even if it were his job to 'out' the chairman, the accusers still seem to be working on the assumption that there is something to be outed. They act as though their unsupported assumption is correct and go casting aspersions to the intelligence and/or loyalty to those that don't act as though such assumptions are necessarily true. Hodgetts included.

Again, it's standard fayre for conspiracy theorists. Tell a 'truther' that you don't buy the 9/11 conspiracy theories and you'll be accused of being a government apologist.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:24:38 »

Even if it were his job to 'out' the chairman, the accusers still seem to be working on the assumption that there is something to be outed. They act as though their unsupported assumption is correct and go casting aspersions to the intelligence and/or loyalty to those that don't act as though such assumptions are necessarily true. Hodgetts included.

Again, it's standard fayre for conspiracy theorists. Tell a 'truther' that you don't buy the 9/11 conspiracy theories and you'll be accused of being a government apologist.

Tbf, you do sound like you're trying to form a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theorists....paranoia is a nasty thing.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:29:55 »

It's obvious what will happen in the summer. Any player worth money will be sold. Young players will come in with loanees to boost that. Hopefully there will be a few gems amongst them to keep it all rolling along.
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:34:07 »

Tbf, you do sound like you're trying to form a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theorists....paranoia is a nasty thing.

It's an observation, Reg. Conspiracy theories in general interest me and I've noticed that those that subscribe to them tend to share the same traits. The 'you're either with us or against us' attitude in particular is very prevalent among conspiracy theorists.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 10:42:47 »

It's an observation, Reg. Conspiracy theories in general interest me and I've noticed that those that subscribe to them tend to share the same traits. The 'you're either with us or against us' attitude in particular is very prevalent among conspiracy theorists.
Yeah, well you would say that wouldn't you, lizard boy? Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: